Apple Remote Club!

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by Shinrai, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Maybe it's me posting in the middle of the night or something but since everyone else has a group, why not the Apple Remote? It's one of the most mightiest Apple gadgets ever, letting you control any Mac and even iPods with a push of a button! It can stop papers from being blown away! It keeps tables from wobbling! It doesn't control your TV though, but it does control the Apple TV, hah!

Who wants to join the group and let lose the havoc of pointing Remotes at unsecured MacBooks (as a joke only of course)?

:cool::cool:

<posting this in the OT forum but hey, if it becomes official, maybe we can move to the main ones>

2. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

i'll join this group. where did i purchase my remote? ask Shinrai! :p thanks!

EDIT : I'm using it for playing movies and iTunes.. and oh, iAlertu as well!

#2 stevezone, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  3. Epzilog

Epzilog Member

Using one to play VLC...
    iAlertu for show...

4. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Count me in! Got myself one here, from someone (whose username I forget right now) here at PhilMUG's marketplace. I use it primarily for PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, as well as iTunes control.

5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

got two of them...one more if it weren't bought by another member :p

6. Odysseus

Odysseus Active Member

I have one. Mas "asteeg" ang Keynote kapag may Apple Remote.

OT: Since the Whites are gone, maybe it's time Apple updates the Apple Remote's casing to Aluminum.

7. ian_gabinete

ian_gabinete Member

I have one too. I thought it was only for the front row functions but serendipity made me discover that it could also manipulate keynote and powerpoint presentations. After that wonderful discovery, I sold my bluetooth mouse and kept my remote ever since.

8. elbert

elbert Active Member

Nice thread!

I have three (4 if I hadn't misplaced the other one).

Main use is for my iPod HiFi. Also use it to control the iMac, which is hooked up to my TV in the bedroom, when watching my downloaded TV shows.

9. amg99

amg99 Active Member

Oo nga noh. any rumors on updated apple remote? baka button-less na and will be the first Apple remote that speaks to you. :p

10. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Yes, more members! Some of the uses for the Apple Remote besides the ones mentioned:

+ Total control of your Mac via Remote Buddy (very powerful app, even controls Safari and Preview)
    + For lazy lounging and watching stuff on Plex, Boxee or XBMC
    + Handy paperweight
    + Table prop to prevent wobbling
    + Bling. If iPod owners can have one hanging on their neck, why not Apple Remotes too? ;)

I'm not sure but can it control iTunes as well?

11. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes.

I have 2. I use it to control iTunes and play movies, vid podcasts, TV shows and music in Frontrow.

Also used to use it to play pranks in the office: Imagine a big room full of Mac minis (around 50 or so). I love looking at all those screens turning black, showing the Frontrow menu and then all heads turn back to me with their eyebrows crossed.

Priceless.

12. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

I'd like to join this group. I have one, used primarily for iAlertU (I show off with Front Row) :D

13. viper2lt

viper2lt Well-Known Member

i'm joining, too... good thing i didn't sell the remote which came with my stolen white macbook. my new aluminum macbook didn't come with one.

14. Giecks888

Giecks888 Active Member

count me in, got 2 and sold the other 3 with other members here. He he he.. use for keynote and VLC.

15. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Which do you guys prefer, Apple Remote or remote apps on the iPhone/iPod Touch? personally, the Apple Remote was the most responsive one vs any remote app in the appstore, plus you can stick it between your shorts at home, hehe. Let me see you do that with an iPhone!

Though they do have a Rowmote app, but nothing beats the real thing.

16. bmarie

bmarie Member

can the apple remote control the ipod?! how? i have an ipod touch. thanks!

17. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

18. marckieMD

marckieMD Member

mine came with my white macbook! I use it for EVERYTHING-iTUNES! :p

19. Elx200001

Elx200001 Active Member

Count me in. Already on my second one, the first got washed. Tried drying it out but it didn't work anymore. Use it for vids and if it's a really lazy day, trailers in front row. :D

20. rycua

rycua Member

weee! i got two!

1st one i got from philmug member "lovegrocery" - gave to a friend as a gift (Cyronthegreat)
    2nd remote i got from "gykx888" - personal use.

keynote presentations leave people wondering how i do it and i use it to watch and control my video collection with my macbook attached to the TV!

has anyone ever drained their remotes yet? how long did it take before the remote got drained?