Apple Pay

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by balikpinoy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Did the boon. registration works successfully on your phone? Also what other shops have you tried? Starbucks? CBTL? Krispy Kreme? I know they accept MC Paypass, as their terminals has PayPass and PayWave logos.

2. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

[​IMG]

Yes it works fine. even in uber app.
    The problem is the stores here don't want to accept it. Tried it in S&R and Jamba Juice but they refused to let me tap my phone. Haven't tried in cbtl though.
    Hopefully I can try next month when I visit japan.

3. joethemobile01

Hmmm ung sa CBTL dito sa min may Visa Paywave na CITI Terminal ittry ko mamaya kung pede. Nabigyan ka din 5 uk pound free credit?

4. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Yep.
    Inform me nalang kung success.

5. joethemobile01

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

Apple Pay worked at Krispy Kreme (SM City Davao) BUT they still need the Card to swipe it on their POSIFLEX magstripe reader para lalabas ung recibo, ang ending VOID Nalang kasi wala akong card. Not sure if pede ibang card iswipe sa magstripe nila coz di naman connected ang terminal and POS nila.

Btw, you need to instruct the cashier kasi di nila alam Mostly Verifone XV520 ginagamit ngayon, yung color grey na may ilaw sa taas. They need to press Sale -> Enter Amount -> Press Green Button -> Tap Phone -> Press Green Button and then voila. It works. Medjo nairita nga lang ang cashier, lol.

Sa Starbucks naman they are using Ingenico na terminal, all you have to do is tell them that you'll be paying via debit card then, after nun, itap mo na yung phone. They don't need the Card kasi once approved sa debit card, automatic ung POSIFLEX nila nag iissue ng O.R., connected ung terminal nila with the POS.

Kaso nga lang in my case na-detect ni iPhone yung NFC, then pag authenticate ng FP ko, Payment Could Not Be Completed lumabas sa phone. Di ko na tinry ulit kasi haba na ng pila. Try ko next time yung maaga para ma test talaga.

Sa CBTL naman, gumagana siya same procedure sa Verifon XV520 na terminal pero they need the card para lalabas ung OR.

#65 joethemobile01, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Oh nice. Maybe diyan sa davao less strict sila. Dito kasi sa manila everytime I tell na i'll be paying by paywave/paypass, hinihingi muna nila yung card sabay sasabihin local card lang pwede sir. Kaya that time nahiya na ako magexperiment.lol

7. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Watch out for these establishments -- their POS is not fully integrated with PayWave Or they do not know how it works, because they will still ask for the card. The intention of PayWave is to not give physical access to the card to ANYBODY.

8. joethemobile01

So Ive been in the city for two days now and so far sa Apple Pay works as it should na di na kelangan ipresent yung card.

Attached Files:

9. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

How much ang fee sa pag gamit using Boon? pag na error during payment using apple pay, di na babalik yun fund?

10. joethemobile01

Pag may refunds na rerefund naman after 3-5 days. May konting fee sa per transaction £0.03 at may fee din sa pag top up ng funds.

magnus likes this.
  11. marjoejoejoe

marjoejoejoe Member

i think there are issues with BDO cards, cant top up my boom account. BTW, found a work around to getting you to have apple wallet to add a card.

1. Create a UK account
    2. In your existing iphone (sign out of icloud and itunes) login to UK accounts
    3. download Boon
    4. Change your region to UK (it will enable apple wallet + new card option)
    5. Configure boon to add your account to the wallet and watch if you have one
    6. Sign out of UK accounts
    7. Sign back into your PH accounts but keep region to UK.

Wallet stays active. (havent tried if restarting will revert it back )

but my problem is topping up.

hope this helps

12. joethemobile01

Boon restricted topping up credits to UK issued cards only. Not sure if this has been changed this year. Let me know how did you go about it.

13. pscolboy

pscolboy Member

Still wondering why this hasn’t arrived on our shores yet? Maybe the local payment processors (e.g. paymaya, gcash, Bdo, BPI, etc.) are blocking this to prevent Apple from eating up their business

14. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

^I'm guessing PHL has a very low credit card usage...

Accordingly to this article (first time for me to see this site, but it was on top of my Google Search)

Just by looking at the list of countries that accepts Apple Pay only Singapore is part of ASEAN.

I honestly think Malaysia will get Apple Pay before PHL...

For Apple/Android/Samsung pay to work... Banks must accept it and Merchants must also sign-up for it!

Sorry for the OT, I had lunch at a Korean resto earlier and was surprised that they only accept Samsung Pay... Wow!

15. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

If the merchant supports tap cards (PayWave), Apple Pay will work. The issue is that Apple Pay needs local bank support to get users to enroll their accounts. If you have an Apple Pay recognized card (credit or debit), you can enroll and use it in PayWave terminals. Have yet to test it on those Jollibee and PayMaya NFC terminals.

16. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

^I'm not sure how terminals are configured there...

But here in SG, all terminals support contact-less payments but not all support Apple/Samsung/Android pay...

17. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Might be using a different standard, but similar to PH, there is no official support for Apple/Android/Samsung Pay, but if they support PayWave, it works.

18. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Planning to get a debit card in the US and use Apple pay, can I get any card in target? Or there’s a better way? I just want to use a card rather than paying in cash which sometimes gives me a headache on a lot of coins afterwards.

19. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Let me know which debit card you get from Target works with Apple Pay please. ;)

20. waks13

waks13 Active Member

I know Smart is working with Samsung Pay to launch in The Philippines soon.