Apple Pay

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by balikpinoy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Vegetarian

Vegetarian Member

I love Apple Pay. Since I first used it when it first launched, it now accepts more banks and credit cards. So far, I have used it in Walgreens, Panera, Target and AT&T stores.

[​IMG]

#41 Vegetarian, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Active Member

@ Mcdonalds Pioneer

[​IMG]

3. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

Jollibee's happyplus terminals are MasterCard Paypass- and Visa PayWave-capable, I checked the model number which I forgot already hehe. Not sure if they are enabled though.

4. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Try to use Apple Pay whenever I can..spot that logo. I find it more convenient than having to fish for my credit card.

image.jpg

5. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Does anyone tried Apple Pay here in the Philippines? I saw a video on YouTube demonstrating Apple Pay in Jamba Juice not sure which branch, but here's the link:

Anyway, I understand that this requires US iTunes + US Card, now its very easy to create US iTunes (Apple ID), Globe has this G-Cash AMEX. They are issuing a prepaid (Virtual CC) so you can use it with US Merchants paired with a US address, is it possible if we can use and authenticate that with Apple Pay?

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Need a US bank account or US-issued CC. Amex from GCash does not work.

7. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Has anyone tried apple pay here in the PH? may I know the shops that accept it :)

8. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Any Citibank PayWave capable terminals, like in most Starbucks branches, should work. McDonald's and Jollibee have them, but I have yet to try it. I tried CBTL, too, but they said they need to update their POS to allow for non-swipe cards to work.

9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

How do you set up Apple Pay when Wallet only shows Passes? Do I need to change my region? But my iTunes ID is set to the US, so how come I still get Passes and can't add Credit/Debit Card?

A lot of questions but please be gentle...

10. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Had my first Apple Pay transaction here in Singapore at Fairprice. Even used my Apple Watch. H
    Hmm. I just opened up the Wallet app, clicked the plus sign on the upper right hand, click next and then your iPhone will scan your card that's it. If your cc issuer supports Apple Pay the registration will proceed. If not, you'll get this notification: Your Issuer Does Not Offer Support for This Card. BTW the Apple watch also supports Apple Pay. Hope this helps.

11. hitme64

^It is not supported yet here in the Philippines, hence, the Passes in Wallet instead of Credit/Debit Card...drats

leninmac likes this.
  12. leninmac

Oh OK Sorry. I thought it's already available in the Philippines. It only became available here in Singapore just a few week ago and just for selected cards like AMEX, Standard Chartered and UOB.

hitme64 likes this.
  13. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Nice! might go there next time.
    Just shopped at s&r bgc branch yesterday. Unfortunately they don't allow me to tap my phone, instead they want me to tap the actual card, I explained to them that it's just the same but told me that they don't accept it (the manager was even amazed that there's such thing like this.lol). I ended up tapping my local citi card instead.

For those who want to try Apple Pay here in PH. There's this Boon Wirecard from UK. You'll use your local credit card to top-up the prepaid mastercard from them. Info here:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-use-apple-pay-in-unsupported-country-bank/

Only problem is that we need to find or insist merchants to support them :)

14. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Change your phone's region in Settings > General > Language & Region > Region

Set it to US/UK or whatever country that supports them.

15. hitme64

^No can do, did that, done with it...will wait for Apple Pay to hit the shores if and when it comes...

16. Nathan Jonah

Nathan Jonah Member

How's it? Does OCBC Bank and POSB support Apple Pay? I would like to tell my dad about this since he has an iPhone anyway...

17. leninmac

Yep it does work on OCBC and POSB.

[​IMG]

Nathan Jonah likes this.
  18. dzemwel

dzemwel Member

I hope Apple Pay gets supported in the Philippines, anyway, what apps do you use for the wallet app? I mean, for it to have coupons in our country?

19. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Tried so far.
    Agoda, airbnb, cathay pacific.

20. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Can we apply a debit card to one of the banks listed above, even if you are just a tourist in Singapore or you need to be a resident?