Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music' started by johannes, Jun 9, 2015.

1. sabsar

sabsar Well-Known Member

This works for me. You just have to look for the files that are truly hi-res.

greta87 likes this.
  2. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

I’m listening to some familiar albums with Dolby Atmos. To me it sounds like the music has been fed through a stereo expander effect. Going into this, I was expecting true multi-channel audio processed to stereo virtual surround which turned out not to be the case. Instead, I got the impression that Dolby Atmos music sounds like a remaster of the original.

Nonetheless, from what I’ve heard, I think Dolby Atmos for Apple Music is well executed, because it sounds natural and cohesive and it doesn’t have the usual awkward signal processing artifacts and byproducts of simulated spatial/positional audio. I like it.

#382 max_Moon, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    Shinahashirome and raypin like this.
  3. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Lossless and Dolby Atmos update is now officially available on Android. Newest update also has automatic crossfade feature.

4. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

Got the dongles today. The lighting dongle didn't work on the iPhone because iOS says that the USB-bus powered DAC draws too much power. Using the Apple USB-C to USB-A dongle on the iPad Pro instead. Now trying Apple Music Hi-Res Lossless for the first time and...it works! I'll try the iPhone and lightning dongle again with an externally powered DAC next time.

First impression is that the music sounds a bit brighter on the top-end and overall more detailed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#384 max_Moon, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    sabsar, Shinahashirome and raypin like this.