Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music' started by johannes, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Looks like they are retiring the Beats brand in the near future with this change.

greta87 likes this.
  2. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

I've been using my Apple music account more often during the lockdown and I noticed a big improvement in the playlists that they are curating & recommending to you based on your listening profile. very much similar to how Spotify has been doing it.

raypin likes this.
  3. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Apple has launched Apple Music TV. It's like MTV before MTV shifted to reality shows. No subscription required, but it's only available in the US. Needs a US iTunes account and a US VPN for Apple Music TV to work here locally.

ronjet and raypin like this.
  4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm....it is there. Tried it just now on my iOS devices and Apple TV (much better). Not a lot of MTV but understandable since this is just launch day. Thanks.

5. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

No need for US iTunes account, just VPN. Just tried it.

6. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Got a 6 months trial of Apple Music. Is there any working site or service that allows playlist and library migration from Spotify? I've been using the latter since 2014. Songshift doesn't seem to work anymore.

7. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

I'm not sure if there is still any that is working. Spotify is on the hunt shutting down playlist migration apps.

8. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

Can I sign up for free trial for Apple Music and when that ends, extend by doing the one month free trial for Apple One?

9. kinse_44

10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm…Apple lossless steaming is a long time coming. Reactionary move on the part of Apple in view of Spotify Hifi. Tidal is the pioneer in the lossless streaming. Welcome move nevertheless and it will be a huge improvement over AAC. I can think of the possibility of improved DAC on iOS devices like the iPhone and is another new market for Apple Music. It might even lead Apple to create an audiophile- grade iPod (remember those?). The clue is Apple’s Airpod Max. Premium-quality headphones at a premium price. The tea leaves reveal what might be a new line of products to cater to the audiophile market.

rdy0329, Roman and Theus like this.
  11. kinse_44

Amazon Music HD must be sweating right now. They’re gonna be forced to cut the price of their HiFi tier to stay relevant.

rdy0329, Silentwill and raypin like this.