Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music' started by johannes, Jun 9, 2015.

1. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

MUSIC? It's offered to PH store subscribers (at a cheaper rate, actually). Or were you referring to something else?

2. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

Thanks for sharing this! Hopefully, this will help others once their free trial has concluded.

What about those who think otherwise (or as one member said, "it sucks thumbs down")? Care to share your reasons?

3. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

While the playlists on Spotify are great (that's a given since they are in the business for quite some time), Apple Music has more albums/songs compared to Spotify. Well, that is based on my personal experience (music taste). Hoping for Apple Music to come up with more ingenious playlists! :)

macjobber likes this.
  4. panis

panis Well-Known Member

5. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

After using Spotify, I've found Apple Music to be lacking in playlists. For discovering new music, I'll be using Apple Music. For playlists, I'll stick with Spotify.

shutterbug and PinkHunny like this.
  6. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

So... we're one month into MUSIC's free trial.

What's the verdict so far?

A. Most likely going for it after the trial period. MUSIC all the way from now on.

B. Try again, Apple. You blew it. I'm sticking with Spotify (or other services).

C. Undecided. Give me one or two more months.

D. Open relationship. Will use it but not exclusively.

Feel free to give a brief explanation. :)

7. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

A. Their algorithms are damn good in serving me playlists that suit my taste but still giving me strange/new songs that I normally would not be able to notice.

Spotify had a tendency to spoil me with my favorites especially when you habitually Like songs. In  Music, that isn't the case.

The catalogue as well is very extensive (I'm using the US store) and most new albums that come out are there. I still can't believe I can get first dibs on new albums when they come out without paying a lot. This is music subscription at its best. I hope the artists are paid enough.

I'm never going back to Spotify. I remember Songza being my regular driving companion until the app stopped working outside of US. Their playlists were so good because the music was curated by humans.  Music is a little better in this area.

I love the UI as well... not sure why a lot of critics panned it.

8. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

the Apple playlists have improved significantly since the launch. Better selection and more content. The ones that had previously grayed out tracks now have 99% of their tracks playable. This is a big plus. My only problem now is the cost. It's still US$9.99 per month; or more than double what I'm paying for Spotify Premium. My subscription ends mid October, if it turns out that I'm missing the service after the lapse of the trial period then most likely I'll keep renewing :) but that also means, goodbye Spotify.

9. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

^ Now if only they'd go for 100% and make all songs playable. Those grayed out tracks really boggle the mind.

How about the others? Still deciding?

10. sibilly

sibilly Active Member

After the 8.4.1 update the make available offline option for my playlists hasn't been working well, some if not all songs stay undownloaded if they dont fix this i might reactivate my spotify premium.

shutterbug likes this.
  11. panis

panis Well-Known Member

Whenever I felt like listening to a particular song, I was able to find it at spotify. Of course my song choices are quite....old late 70s and early 80s. I could still not find a compelling reason to shift to Apple Music.

12. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

For someone who likes indie and obscure music, Apple Music is much better than Spotify.

13. shutterbug

shutterbug Member

Anybody else experiencing this.... It's almost impossible to make a playlist available offline unless you do it per song.

sibilly likes this.
  14. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ I'm also getting error messages when the track in being downloaded for offline playing. Not sure what's up. but yes, I'm very happy with the curated playlists from Wired, Dancing Astronaut, & Pitchfork

15. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

I just realized I only have a month left before the free trial period is up. Leaning towards MUSIC but nothing ironclad yet.

What's the verdict on your part, folks?

A. Most likely going for it after the trial period. MUSIC all the way from now on.

B. Try again, Apple. You blew it. I'm sticking with Spotify (or other services).

C. Undecided. Give me a couple more weeks.

D. Open relationship. Will use it but not exclusively.

Feel free to give a brief explanation. :)

16. ivin

ivin Active Member

Hey guys just wanna ask, upon subscribing to apple music, do you have to switch your store account to phillippines? To get the rate of 130 pesos a month? Could i switch back to US account after making a payment? Thanks

17. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

No. I tried this for 2x and my library gets deleted on both occasions.

18. ivin

ivin Active Member

So if switch store accounts the library resets? Hmm maybe il try with the trial first.

19. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

actually i haven't even tried Apple Music yet and i don't even have any music service on my system, except those that i have on my icloud account...so, johannes, maybe i choose D for that undecided relationship, much like my FB status :p

20. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

I choose B, Jo. Spotify has the best price ever — it's FREEEEEE! (I don't really mind the 30-second ads every half-hour…)