Apple Music vs Spotify vs Other Music Streaming Services

Discussion in 'Apple Music' started by Bemhr, Feb 27, 2016.

?

Which one do you use right now?

1. Apple Music

22.3%
  2. Spotify

77.7%
  1. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Apple Music will find it extremely difficult to catch up on Spotify. Spotify has been very aggressive specially in emerging markets, partnering with telcos and offering special pricing. I remember you can get a Spotify premium membership for as low as Php10/mo. Not to mention that 99% of Android users probably do not know that Apple Music is an available option.

2. john.roque

john.roque Member

I just switched from Spotify to Apple Music. Am fed up with Spotify's priority of playlists over albums + with the horrible UI update not letting you download albums at all. I've been a happy camper since except with a few gripes:

1. Apple Music on iOS feels fast, on par with Spotify's iOS app. iTunes still lags behind but I'm hoping Catalina will improve the Mac Apple Music experience.
    2. No ability to change music quality.
    3. No handoff from one device to another.
    3. Less human curated playlists over Spotify's (I love the All Out playlists)
    4. No music suggestions and search function on playlists

However, I think those are outweighed by these:
    1. Superior album view. All those beautiful album art on my music pops.
    2. Have a true music library that you can download
    3. Playlists on new music are amazing. I've discovered so much new artists I love because of AM's playlists. I don't mind the lack of the old school playlists since I'd rather curate my own, and I generally know where to look for the old stuff.
    4. Beats 1 is awesome.
    5. Over all integration with Siri that I think Spotify won't do because of their beef against Apple.
    6. Apple pays artists more.

raypin likes this.