Apple Music vs Spotify vs Other Music Streaming Services

Discussion in 'Apple Music' started by Bemhr, Feb 27, 2016.

?

Which one do you use right now?

1. Apple Music

21.4%
  2. Spotify

78.6%
  1. Shinahashirome

Thanks for this info. Thinking of leaving spotify for AM, but with this issue, I'm having second thoughts

2. macjobber

macjobber Well-Known Member

I would say this only happens to a few songs :)

Shinahashirome likes this.
  3. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

Im using both Spotify & AM now. the only thing I don't like with AM is that I have to use a different account to use it. All my apps are from the US store but if I buy AM there, it's just way more expensive than the RP store.. so I have to switch countries if I want to use my AM which I'm paying for via the RP store

4. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

been using Spotify for over a year now, was about to switch to Apple Music but it doesn't support alexa. Smart speaker integration is really important to me because it's so convenient to play anything (e.g. before I sleep i tell alexa to play sleep music, and she plays some random sleep playlist on spotify)

5. santosns

santosns New Member

Spotify Premium with Globe. Less hassle on payments versus AM.

6. macjobber

macjobber Well-Known Member

But you can directly ask Siri to play your songs and have them played over the speakerü

7. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Same Frustration

AM - HomePod, Watch, Phone
    Spotify - Alexa (Amazon Echo), Phone
    Prime Music - Echo

darkgreen likes this.
  8. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

I don’t know it just feels different for me if you ask the smart speaker directly. I would love to get a homepod but unfortunately i’m heavily invested in smart devices that siri doesn’t support (smart sockets, air purifier, logitech myharmony, ambiclimate). I think the only thing siri fully supports is the philips hue. And i wouldn’t give all that up just to switch to Apple Music.

If only Alexa would integrate apple music, i’d switch in a heartbeat. But i don’t think that’s possible.

For now i’m satisfied with spotify plus it does have an app for the PS4 and my samsung TV. Though Apple Music is fully compatible with an apple TV while spotify isn’t and it has lyrics too, and considering I have a US itunes account, it’ll be a hassle to switch from US and PH account back and forth. So LOL.

So yeah i’ll stick with spotify for the mean time.

9. jologs

jologs Member

My library isn't invested in spotify so AM for me.

10. textguru

textguru Member

been in Spotify Premium for over a year now and its cheaper than Apple Music. I subscribed in their Family package where i can nominate 5 different accounts to use Spotify Premium.

11. Shinahashirome

AM also has a family plan where you can also share it with users within icloud family sharing for less than Php200. I think within the same ballpark with spotify.

12. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I've been using Apple Music religiously since its advent three years ago, but right until the past few weeks it has never once occurred to me to unsubscribe in favour of another music streaming service.

I didn't think this would affect me at scale, there have been more and more albums or individual songs disappearing from my library as well as occasional duplicates, some of which root from me adding the same album twice because for some reason the old version is no longer available. The replacement is literally the same thing.

Maybe even return to solely purchasing albums through outlets like Bandcamp and iTunes if Spotify isn't exempted from this particular problem. I originally favoured Apple Music anyway for the reason that it integrates with my existing iTunes purchases and jumping to Spotify will take away that sweet uniformity.

Perhaps I should not yet assign that deficit too much weight in favour of Spotify.

#112 Edelheid, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  13. mree

mree Active Member

Just recently switched from Spotify to Apple Music. With Apple CarPlay, it just is more convenient to use AM because of the full Siri integration. I don’t need to touch my head unit anymore to play what I want.

14. rdy0329

SONOS recently rolled out AirPlay 2 support for their speakers (latest ones). They’re one of the first few to roll it out for 3rd-party speakers.

After updating, I can see my Playbase 5.1 system in AirPlay as well as initiate multi-room audio with my HomePod.

Having Siri integration (indirectly) is also a nice addition. Basic controls can be initiated via your existing devices.

raypin likes this.
  15. jologs

jologs Member

My AM 3-month trial just ended. Decided to continue with the subscription. I haven’t felt the need to use Spotify that whole time.

16. rdy0329

Spotify's holiday offer is something I can't resist. Old subscribers on FREE tier is eligible for 3-month premium @ P129. New subscribers get it for just P9.

P43/month is cheap as hell. Of course, I'm still sticking to AM. Spotify just serves as a palette cleanser from time to time.

17. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

I love that Spotify run on my Samsung Smartwatch . It does both streaming and offline music straight to my Airpods.