apple mail set-up question

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by markymarky, Apr 28, 2006.

1. markymarky

markymarky New Member

Has anybody used Apple Mail to access their microsoft outlook web access mails? If not, does anyone know how to set up Mail with an exchange account? i want to use my apple mail but i don't know how. The guys at tech support (where I work) claim that this can't be done since the exchange "port" is blocked. I dunno whether this is true or they just don't know their stuff. Was hoping someone could prove them wrong..hehe

#1 markymarky, Apr 28, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  2. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

If you're using Mail 2.0, it has an option to add an Exchange server in the Accounts pane.

3. markymarky

markymarky New Member

yeah..found that but I just don't know the proper information to fill in the next boxes that follow...they set up my entourage application and it was fine but i want to use Mail. I have the account info they put in entourage but I dont know which is which when it comes to Mail.

4. orj78

orj78 Member

hhmmm... ds sounds like a duh! question, but supposing i use .mac's 60-day trial to set-up a mail account, can i still receive or send messages if i don't purchase an account after the expiry date? will my .mac email add expire as well?

plug lng.. tnx nino for helping me with my posting prob.. hehe

5. markymarky

markymarky New Member

please read properly before reacting..thanks!

6. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

I won't pretend that I know jack about this, but maybe I can point you to information that may help you. At least now you can interject with your tech support and probably teach them a thing or two:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/resources.aspx?pid=resourcekits&rk=office2004

There's a downloadable MS Office 2004 for Mac Resource Kit v2 on this link that's supposed to address what you're trying to do (whether it works is another thing, eh?).

Good luck!

7. orj78

orj78 Member

sorry, i wasnt talking bt what you posted.. :D
    i was referring to my own duh!-question bt setting up... need info, dats y...

8. markymarky

markymarky New Member

hehe no problem orj78 :D