Apple Mail: Message viewer malfunction

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by stubborn_sage, Jun 25, 2008.

1. stubborn_sage

stubborn_sage Member

Hello.. I've been accessing my gmail (IMAP) account for quite some time now in Mail but just yesterday I've lost my preview pane for some unidentifiable reason (haven't been tinkering with the view options). Anyway, when i tried clicking message viewer (under window), nothing is happening... the preview pane still fails to show. So i'm left with opening each message in a separate window just to quickly view them (which for me is a bit of a hassle).

Would be great to get any inputs that can help solve this issue.. I'm actually thinking that re-installing Mail might help.. but I'm just not too familiar yet on how to do this. But it will be a great relief if there's another way to solve this without re-installing.

TIA :rolleyes:

2. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you try dragging up the small dot at the bottom of the window?

3. Gomi

Gomi Active Member

... or simply double-clicking it (thin bar with the dot) will bring it up.

4. stubborn_sage

stubborn_sage Member

thanks to both of u.. got the simple trick :)