Apple Mail - cant send - pls help

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by crowmac, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crowmac

crowmac Member

Im using OS X Tiger with Apple Mail 2.1.3, I cant send Mail but I can receive

what's wrong? Im using Smart Broadband connection

Please help

2. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

This also happened to my email before. The cause was a change in gateway port or in your outgoing smpt, the outgoing mail server input is not correct. Though I am not sure if this is the fix in your case.

3. kili-kili power

same thing happened to me with my gmail on my home network with bayantel... but what's weirder is that my iphone can send and recieve from its mail app... but my mac's mail app can only recieve... sending pa-chamba-chamba once in a blue moon it gets out...

i've tried several changes to the smtp settings, and still its only once in a bluemoon. weird. sayang, i really like the mail app

4. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

Change your SMTP port to 587.

5. crowmac

crowmac Member

Hi Marvinp, i changed the port to 587, but still cant send any alternate port?

Thanks

6. crowmac

crowmac Member

Naka chamba ako maka-send using Port 25 - Using PLDT DSL connection , but my connection is slower than Smart, thats why I want to discover how I can send Email using my Smart Broadband connection

7. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@crowmac: What email service are you using? Yahoo? Gmail?

8. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

Have you tried calling up Smart Broadband about your problem? Maybe it's just tweaking the outgoing mail settings.

9. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

That's weird. I use Smart Bro at home and I can send using port 587.

10. birdieputt

birdieputt Member

pldt dsl changed its smtp port to battle spam. to those using pldt dsl change your smtp server to smtpdsl4.pldtdsl.net port 587. i'm not sure with smartbro but you can try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.