Apple Mail address priority

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Solana, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Solana

Solana Guest

I've managed to centralize my .Mac, gmail and Y! mail to Apple's Mail application.

Is there a way to designate a default address once the compose button is hit?

I always end up sending from my Y! mail when I want to send the message out from .Mac :slanted:

2. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the default e-mail address a new message will be sent from depends on which account you're in when you hit the New button. You can select a different account by clicking on the Account list under the Subject: field in the new message window. You can change the order in which the accounts are listed by going to Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts and dragging the respective accounts up and down.

3. alvinbai

alvinbai Member

Just go to Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts. You should see all your mail accounts listed on the left. Just drag the .Mac account to the top most for it to be your primary email account. :)

4. PatrickGaerlan

Staff Member

You can actually set the default account a new e-mail message will be sent from. Go to Mail -> Preferences -> Composing tab. Look for the option Send new mail from: and choose your .Mac e-mail account from the list. The default is Account of last viewed mailbox.

5. Solana

Solana Guest

Thanks, all! This helps...

6. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

hi. i've never used my Apple Mail application before, but now that i've tried it, it keeps rejecting the pop server i input. it's mail.google.com/mail. what should i put there? thanks.

7. PatrickGaerlan

Staff Member

Have you followed the step-by-step instructions of Google? You can find it by logging in to your Gmail account, clicking on Help (upper-right corner) -> Gmail Essentials: POP Access -> Configuring your email client: Apple Mail. Try this link.