Apple iPad Keyboards

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by denpacs, Mar 19, 2020.

1. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Apple now has a dedicated page for their iPad keyboards with highlights on which device is compatible to which keyboard.

Keyboards that have you covered

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...demo vid:

Roman likes this.
  3. lardcas

lardcas Member

For additional $300, it defeats the purpose of touch screen?

4. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

more people create documents on their IPAD than a laptop nowadays, so i guess the logic is that instead of bringing your laptop, use an ipad, add a keyboard, and viola, documents on the go :)

5. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

I use mine mostly for notes and signing docs. I am using a 1st gen 12.9 version, with the Apple keyboard cover and Tech21 back cover, i can say that its heavier (with a than my MacBook 12. So it really depends on the user. Also, the 1st gen keyboard cover are cosmetically crappy. They breakdown easily cosmetically. I guess they flxed it in the next iterations. Excited for the newer versions though.

6. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

Not at all. Several iPad users, like me, edit documents and spreadsheets on the go. This is a very welcome accessory and oh, that mouse support is awesome.

7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...the new keyboard is further blurring the line that separates the iPad from the MacBook. Not a total replacement yet but Apple is getting there......iPad Pro is powerful in terms of processing power and the new keyboard brings the laptop user experience to the iPad Pro. It is only a matter of time.

The magnetic docking is brilliant in design. It floats the iPad. It is simple. Apple simple. Just click and go. It is elegant. Apple elegant. Awesome. It.just.works.

#7 raypin, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    neilc likes this.
  8. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

The blurring of line started with iPadOS. This just seals the deal. Apple’s really smart to do this because they don’t have anything to compete with low range laptops for education ($500 price point) but with this implementation and working with Logitech, any iPad bought today except the mini 5 can be turned into a computing workhorse.

Logitech’s $149 keyboard trackpad + case can be paired with a 128GB iPad 7 on sale and reach that $500-600 sweet spot for education. Here’s Apple secretly doing a trojan horse in this price category and I’m surprised it is not mentioned enough by reviewers but instead focusing on the Pros.

MacBook Air was made more compelling because it’s not as flexible as an iPad Pro where you can just disconnect from the Magic Keyboard and use it as a light tablet, not to mention mobile-first features like cameras and FaceID.

PS. I’m really proud of the iPad’s character development in the last 3 years, it overcame the unwanted step-child predicament and is actually doing the A-series chips justice where iPhone can’t.

#8 rdy0329, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    raypin likes this.