Apple Expands Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Program for 2009-2011 iMacs

Discussion in 'iMac' started by topaz, Oct 14, 2012.

1. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I just picked up my iMac 27" this afternoon from Senco Morato after they replaced my recalled hard drive. I brought it in Last Nov. 14. It was ready yesterday but did not have the chance to pick it up.

2. eyemac

eyemac Active Member

for security & privacy, what are the options to delete data in the HDD before bringing your iMac for servicing(HDD replacement)?
    Thank You

3. berniedd

berniedd Member

Bring the bad hdd to Apple and show them your iMac's serial number. That's what I did with my Macbook that had the hdd replaced before the recall announcement came up. I went to Digital Switch in Mkti, and got the replacement drive in 3 weeks. They didn't ask to see the laptop itself.

4. java

java Member

Brought my 27" iMac Late 2009 to PMC Festival last Jan 10. Picked it up Yesterday. I Re-installed ML last night & now I'm having trouble restoring my files and apps from my Time Machine Backup... as it gets stuck at some point... also tried to restore via migration assistant but couldn't find my old user settings and files from the external time machine drive... would appreciate suggestions on how to proceed... TIA