Apple Event: September 10, 2019

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by raypin, Aug 30, 2019.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...the official invites to media are out. iPhone 11 and Watch Series 5 will be unveiled to the world. Show/Keynote starts 1:00 am, Sept. 11 PH time.

960x0.jpg

Also, a second fall event will be likely this year to introduce new MacBooks and iPads.

#1 raypin, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Juice, ronjet, Sunil_K and 3 others like this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

My eyes are set on one thing. The iPhone 11. And Apple Watch 5. That’s two.

vtf, ronjet, raypin and 1 other person like this.
  3. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

new tech???

raypin likes this.
  4. hitme64

Tell me who isn’t getting ANY of these new products and am sure we’ll be told we’re hypocrites :LOL:

Juice, rvaph and raypin like this.
  5. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: true.

6. raypin

Mm....I got my Ghills nano/nano Xs Max Sept. 22, 2018, the day of the global launch.......last night, I checked my battery health. It showed 98%. My Gawd! 98%. Nabawasan ng 2% iin less than a year?!!! My garrdd! That is simply unacceptable! Wala ng kwenta unit ko. I really feel bad.

Is it a sign to upgrade? Meeeh....meehhh.....iSheep.....:LOL::ROFLMAO::D.

#6 raypin, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  7. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

A little side trivia on the venue (Steve Jobs Theater)...

Did you know that the structural detailing work of that theater was done by Pinoys?

At an office in Ortigas specifically :)

jbe21, bowser, Juice and 1 other person like this.
  8. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

Those colors are reminiscent of the iMac G3s. Interesting.

[​IMG]

hitme64, jetan and raypin like this.
  9. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Well-Known Member

I love the design of the invite!

Hope they release a new small phone. I cannot keep my XS Max anymore. too heavy!
    And I want a new iPad mini without the bezels!

hitme64, SE20 and gogetit like this.
  10. raypin

Mmm...maybe a hint to releasing new colors for the Xs and Xs Max successors, the pro versions.

11. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

And here I was thinking of going back to the bigger form factor! I went from a 7 Plus to an X and sometimes miss the bigger screen.

Sheryl. and raypin like this.
  12. raypin

Mm...that would be super. My only Android device, a Samsung mini-tablet from 2015, is just about done (poor battery life now). Looking forward to an updated iPad Mini, to complement my iPad Pro 11.

Will relegate the Samsung as my kitchen recipe book. Removed all protective casing and tempered glass. Not a scratch or stain. Hoping my dog accidentally nudges it off the table and break the screen.

Sheryl. and Sunil_K like this.
  13. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Well-Known Member

When I bought Samsung S10 few months ago, I stopped using my iPhone as my daily driver. Hard to hold and not pocketable. The regular X is the perfect size I think.

SE20 and raypin like this.
  14. raypin

Mmm...per leak, the new iPhone 11 Pro will be 5.8" diagonal with triple lens , smaller and more pocketable than the S10 and the same size as the iPhone X.

The entry level iPhone will be the iPhone 11 with 6.1, dual lens and the top of the line will be the iPhone 11 Pro Max at 6.5, with triple lens.

I will probably upgrade and dump my nearly year-old Xs Max. Why? If I wait for next year's 5G iPhone, the trade-in value of my Xs Max will further go down. Ideal time to trade-in is just before the intro of or at launch of the new iPhones so I can maximize the trade-in value in Ghills grey market and minimize cash out. Ganun din. So, why wait?

Inclined.

#14 raypin, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Sunil_K likes this.
  15. hitme64

Pareho tayo iniisip @raypin. Better now than later. What’s that saying? Buy what you can now and slap yourself later? :LOL:

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  16. raypin

Mm...added advantage, since my Xs Max dual nano China phone is not covered by local warranty and not eligible for local repair support from the official sources, I am managing my risk: if something happens to my Xs Max between now and Sept of 2020, I will have a useless and valueless Xs Max. More pain in the wallet.

Taking risk off the table while my unit is still 100% functional and still tradeable.

I hope that the Singapore iPhone 11 will finally have dual nano sim. Otherwise, I will opt for the China iPhone 11 Pro Max.

hitme64 and Sunil_K like this.
  17. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

lol, i guess i'm not the only one complaining about my phone's battery health 1.10 years after at 85% battery health....it's not that i don't care, (well, yes i do for a bit but generally no).

maybe this is the year where I won't get it on launch date because 1.) they don't usually give it with the plan that I currently have but they are changing postpaid plan to signature ones, then 2.) still thinking if which is more cost effective: getting it on a 24 month to pay plan that comes with the renewal or do a one time payment and keep the current monthly bill at its current rate?

choices, choices

raypin and hitme64 like this.
  18. hitme64

On
    mine is at 96%, has its birthday on September 22, and except for a tiny, tiny scratch on the screen it’s still, well, livable to be with :love:

a year ago I said I won’t get the XS Max but how can I refuse the wife’s “gift” (from my credit card extension)? Now, I still am on the fence getting the 11 so I’ll cling to the Max in its remaining days.

But look? AW5! Now what’s better than an 11? :whistle:

raypin likes this.
  19. raypin

Mm...telco subsidies used to be very generous. Now, they ll discount it a little bit. If you are up for retention, it will still be to your advantage to go that route. However, there is the resale value of your current X series iPhone to consider.

20. hitme64

My take is sell now while it’s hot. The X’s are still top of the charts among users and demand is higher even for used (but almost new) iPhones. Mine is going nowhere, by the way.

The missus has already locked in on it. Like an anti-ballistic missile.

SE20 and raypin like this.