Apple bashers and how you deal with them

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by Netskipper, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

2. faithlc

faithlc Technoholics

Android is basically like Windows that'll work on any hardware as long as the miinimum requirement's met. But sometimes no matter how high the specs of the hardware is, there'll always be an issue caused by some form of incompatibility.

Apple hardware and software work seamlessly together because they're designed and developed by the same company making the user experience much more pleasurable.

Don't be offended when people bash. Maybe they do not know this yet. But once they do, they'll start to respect. It's not always about the thousands of features which I doubt you'll be using on a daily basis. It's about the user experiene :)

3. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

What others think about the things I purchase does not mean crap to me. I buy what I buy because they suit my needs -- not because of what other people say. Besides, it's my money so I'll do what I deem fit with it.

Both android and apple products have their pros and cons. Just because you chose one side does not make you any less intelligent or of lesser class than the guy that chooses the other.

I refuse to defend Android, Apple, or any of my purchases to a anyone. Saves me from a lot of unnecessary stress :).

4. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Tim needs guts like Steve Jobs to fight back Samsung and Google. If Steve were only alive. I miss those mac vs pc days.

5. sinner

sinner Member

My teammate is a big Samsung fan, he would randomly bash Apple at least once a day and to make it worse we sit beside each other. He usually boast how he could customize his phone, add widgets, his phone specs and all and whenever he does that i would just smile or say "whatever" to him.

I don't see the point in explaining myself with my choice because nothing can beat iPhone's performance for me.

6. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I usually ignore Apple bashers. My uncle who has been a Samsung fan looked at my iPhone that has been freed from prison and showed him Activator gestures that made me use it conveniently. Nganga sya. Then, someone texted me and the BiteSMS pop-up window showed up and I just did one sweeping motion to make it go away. I then made a double tap on the status bar to text someone and he was amazed. Kaya ba ng Samsung mo yan?

For me, the integrated, simple and intuitive UI is what I am paying for in Apple. Mas astig pa lahlo kung nakawala sa kulungan.

7. generator_g1

generator_g1 Member

Actually your Iphone on stock would not be able to do that also if it wasnt jailbroken since bitesms and activator are apps from cydia.

8. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Here's a good one from Twitter:

[​IMG]

9. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Dude if you can't understand tagalog "Mas astig pa lahlo kung nakawala sa kulungan." He said this.

10. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

If some folks cant seem to understand why I, or a lot of people prefer apple, then it's their loss not mine.
    I have two phones, a Nexus 5 and iPhone 5s and I always prefer the iPhone if I only have to bring one device.
    As I always tell them, if you are happy with your android phone, then stick with it. Ignorance is bliss hehe :)

11. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^True. Even if Google spent a fortune promoting a payment mechanism, no one would trust payments on an "open system".

I remember Microsoft's ad years ago (before Ballmer was reduced to a NBA team owner :p) that hyped "Life without walls", which I thought was short for "Life without walls is a flea market." :p

But really, both can peacefully co-exist. I've often compared the two to El Nido and Boracay, one experience is curated, the other is DIY. Both are adventures, and both can be enjoyed. Few have gone to El Nido though and not like it, except for the young who found it too expensive, not enough choices, or just too quiet! So let's not join the noise barrage. :)

12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

this service is all about android, i don't know why...

maybe samsung gives a better price differential compared to apple but am not privy to any of those, you know, secret biddings...

i'm just a mere mortal armed with an iPhone against an army of Android gadgeteers...

13. teachertwish

teachertwish Member

I just shrug them off and tell them "Each to his or her own preference." End of discussion. :)

14. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

I also find it amusing when people feel superior because they have an Apple product. They're not even that expensive!!!

15. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

I think you missed the sarcasm…

16. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

i deal with such infidels swiftly and violently, without mercy nor remorse

:p

17. iamkiro

iamkiro Member

I've dealt with a lot of these -- both from my peers, strangers, and family. They keep asking why I would purchase products that are over-priced when there are better alternatives. They would then start a litany about how android or windows is better. At the end of it, I just say "You're probably right. But I buy one because I want to and I can" and then I'll fish my gadget out of my pockets or bag.

That "litany" often happens and yet they always borrow my gadgets even though they have their own. lol

18. blessie15

blessie15 Active Member

Apple products ARE expensive relative to the income of the majority of Filipinos. This however does not warrant anyone who owns an Apple product to feel superior.

19. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

The problem basically on some fans of both Android and Apple is that it became a religion to them that they resort to bashing each other. I love my Android smartphone (because of endless customization and open system) and love my iPad Mini (because iOS is smoother and games are better). Both Apple and Android are great. People should learn that both has each own advantages and disadvantages.

20. slater

slater Member

I don't care if they diss my being an Apple user. Somehow, I find myself special in a clique of mostly Android users.