App store download restarts from the beginning?

Discussion in 'Yosemite (10.10)' started by Kodachrome, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Kodachrome

Kodachrome New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm downloading a 7.53gb game from the app store. Nung nasa 3.60gb+ na yung download ko, bumagal na yung internet (I'm assuming globe's bandwidth cap?) so in-off ko nalang at itutuloy ko nalang sana kinabukasan. Pero nung ire-resume download ko na ngayon, NAG UMPISA ULIT SA 0gb! What do I do? Is there a way to recover the previously downloaded data? Aabutan nanaman ako ng bandwidth capping nito, and baka mag-reset nanaman kinabukasan. :(

Thank you

2. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

Better try a regular DSL line. A local mobile data plan will not cut it anymore. I remember when the unli data plans were for real; I was able to download hundreds of GBs of software. Can't do that anymore.

3. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

it helps if you 'Pause' the download instead of cutting the line and let the App Store app figure out the connection got lost. Not all apps downloaded from the App Store offers resume download though so I agree with greta87 for a stable DSL line to download anything big.