Anyone tried hosting online events (OBS + Zoom + FB/YT Stream) using M1 MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by h2obaby, May 8, 2021.

1. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Hi! We're looking to get an M1 MBA to support our online events side gig but couldn't decide whether to get 8 or 16 gigs for the RAM. We're jumping ship from Windows since the new M1 Macs are just too powerful at an amazing price. I know the easy answer here would be to just get the 16GB to get it future-proofed but I'm interested to know if anyone has tried a similar workflow already on their M1 MBAs, what your RAM configurations are (if 8 is pwede na or not), and how the overall experience is.

Thanks in advance!

2. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

I tested Youtube live on my base model MBA M1. Camera sucked and it's all the same I believe for all models even the M1 MBPs so you might want to have an external HD camera to go with it. I only tested for a couple 5 or so minutes so I don't know if performance will be consistent if for longer sessions, but other than the cam and that I had to use Google Chrome cause it isn't supported by Safari, went with no problems.

3. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Thanks! This is good to know! Yeah the cameras aren’t the best, good thing we already have a Brio (which is turning out as a no-regrets purchase)