Anyone ordered the M1 MBA through the website?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Japh, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

My order arrived today without warning. Been stuck at Shipment picked up since Feb. 3. Ordered on Jan 19, so it took a little less than a month. Estimated delivery date was supposwd to be March 1. On the package, it says break bulk express, so maybe it did get shipped in bulk.

mikeyllorin likes this.
  2. enuhski

enuhski Active Member

For those who ordered online, would you know if the education discount applies? I was looking at that option at first and was thinking of ordering via the store til I realized I needed a new laptop sooner than later. :/

3. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

It does.

4. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Recently ordered online but got a custom Mac Mini instead— it changed to Shipping after 4 days. Also purchased via the Education Store. Will probably get the custom MBA after

5. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Got the MBA M1 (base specs) from https://www.apple.com/ph-k12/shop. Availed of the educational price (because I'm enrolled at a Harvard EDX online course. Probably doesn't matter though if you really are a "student", because they don't require any proof of it during the ordering process (or even during delivery). Ordered late March, delivered via DHL mid-April. My credit card didn't get charged until the day Apple actually shipped it out of Singapore. Tracking is pinpoint; just noticed that from SG, it transited to HKG, then to here. I don't know why it did that.

6. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Apple Ph operates in SG (that is our hub I think) since we don't really have official apple stores locally.

7. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

for a decade I have ordered almost 2 dozen Macs through the Apple PH store, including 6 large 27 inchers for myself, friends, and famly. So far so good! Few delays but most of them came earlier then the ETA posted by Apple. :)

Daughter of Pismo, Zoey and gaol like this.
  8. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Hi! I recently ordered from Apple PH an upgraded MBA M1. It arrived after 15 days from China. I availed the educational discount. I received the invoice via email. Today, i received my card statement, upon checking, it appears that there was an additional 10% charged on top of the item price. Anyone had this before and what step/s did you do with Apple? My previous orders did not incur this additional 10%. Thanks

9. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I am planning to buy online this month, is the 10% from Apple or from your Bank?

10. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

this is good to know, mine's been sitting in DHL warehouse in SG for 4 days ETA is July 7, hope it arrives a week earlier, or is that too optimistic? :D

11. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Ordered June 11, got picked up June 12, ETA is June 28. It’s already June 25 and still no update. Looks like it will be on schedule this time.

12. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

It was from Apple.

13. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Have you reached out to Apple?
    Mine's here, got an sms says it's for "Clearance", not sure if Customs have office on Sunday, I was hoping to get it tomorrow at least :D

14. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Good for you. Mine’s technically MIA at this point haha. I don’t think it will get delivered tomorrow but we’ll see.

15. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Still “Clearance delay” status since yesterday’s 3am sms

16. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Apple came through! Maybe there’s no processing over the weekend. Got an early morning text that said my MBA’s for delivery today. This is the first one that arrived on schedule.

17. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

My current status now is Customs Updated - Shipment has been given a release by Customs.

Does this mean I'll get mine tomorrow? :">

18. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

What does the charge look like? Maybe they charged the edu discount back?