Anyone ordered the M1 MBA through the website?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Japh, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

It took two weeks to change from Processing for you? Mine's still Processing, 5th day.

2. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yeah 2 weeks under processing. Agonizing wait hahaha

3. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

Dang it. I received an invoice email from Apple and for a while there thought, hey is ky MBA being shipped? Checked the app, nope still processing, then I realized I just rented a movie in Apple TV and sure enough, it was for that. Sigh. This will be a looooong week waiting for just the status to change from Processing.

4. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Active Member

I ordered my 16GB M1 Air on December 26th and it changed from "Processing" to "Preparing to Ship" on January 19th and my credit card finally got charged. BUT THEN SUDDENLY THE PURCHASE WAS DECLINED BY THE BANK, because they thought it was "unusual activity", and they blocked my card. Thankfully, Citibank Customer Service was really great that day, and when I re-input the Card information on Apple.com, the purchase went through. Finally, on January 20th, the status changed to "Shipped" and the DHL Tracking info became available.

It still says "Shipment picked up" from Southwest China, January 20th, 4:20pm. Expected delivery date remains February 8-16.

I am glad this forum is here because sharing this is one of the ways to make this crazy waiting game slightly more bearable.

kempi46 and shifty_md like this.
  5. mikeyllorin

So I found an old PhilMUG thread that was basically users new and old (but mostly new) ranting about how long their Apple order delivery is taking, and the thread was eventually closed because discussion was reduced to, well, the crazy waiting game. And I realized that this thread is at risk of turning in to that too, especially with my last post where I basically just told everyone the status of my order. Whoops. Sorry PhilMUG mod pals.

So now I am trying to add value to this discussion by saying: be sure to clear with your credit card company that you are going to order an expensive Apple product online. I think they blocked it because they saw that the charge came from Apple Singapore, which is the hub for all Apple Philippines online orders. I suspect that the order will still go through, like it did for me, but the moment the status shifts from "Processing" to "Preparing to ship", you might experience a sudden declining of the purchase. So go clear it up with your bank ahead of that! It's a super stressful 15 minutes! o_O

jayparalejas likes this.
  6. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

In my case, my bank's fraud control immediately messaged me through Viber few minutes after I placed the order, so I don't think there'd be any more issues when Apple prepares to ship my order. At least I hope not.

#26 Silentwill, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    mikeyllorin likes this.
  7. stupidrain71

stupidrain71 New Member

Ordered a base config MBA but with 16GB of memory from US Apple Store last Jan. 7. It took two weeks to change from processing to preparing to ship. It shipped out after another three days with estimated delivery of Feb 2. Right now, it sits somewhere in Hong Kong. Although mine will be delivered to BNS’ Portland Warehouse first so I expect it to be delivered here in PH around mid February.

8. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Mine’s here in the Philippines but is on hold pending customs clearance

9. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Update:

Ordered online Dec. 30
    Shipped Jan 14 from SG
    Arrived Manila on 22January
    Stuck in Customs Clearance from 22 Jan to 27
    Delivered in my house 28 Jan, or six days ahead of the promised March 3 date.

Sa Pilipinas nagtagagal. :(

mikeyllorin likes this.
  10. mikeyllorin

Happy to say that I am typing this message on my M1 MacBook Air. It's been a very exciting day.

Yesterday, tracking status still said "Shipment picked up" from China, even after 10 days. I decided to finally call DHL—they then told me that it's actually already in Manila, together with a larger delivery batch from Apple, and that they were undergoing Customs. I was then given the tracking number for the batch, which indicated that it was in fact in Manila already and that it was with Customs.

So this morning, my original tracking link said that it was "Processed", and then in quick succession, "Departed from facility", "Arrived at delivery facility", and "With delivery courier". I received a call from the DHL guy at 9:45am, went downstairs to our condo lobby, signed for a package, and all was said and done before 10:00am.

So, the lesson: some tracking links might not have super specific updates for your package, because it's part of a larger "batch package" that all goes through Apple-specific Customs Clearance. So if your tracking isn't updated as regularly or as specifically as you think it might, go and give DHL Customer Service a call! They're nice!

kempi46, Silentwill and potpot2 like this.
  11. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

After 15 days, my order finally changed to Preparing to Ship.

12. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

So this thread won’t just be about “ang tagal ng order ko”, let me ask: when you order an M1 MBA via the apple ph website, are there any options for installment payments on the credit card?

13. mikeyllorin

Unfortunately, no, there aren't.

14. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

None for me as well. Maybe not available for the PH store. I only saw an option like that on the US Apple Store when I ordered the HPM's.

15. quicksilver

quicksilver Member

Ordered mine last Jan 14. Original ETA was Feb 15. Got a text message this morning from the Apple Store that delivery will be made today. Courier delivered my M1 MBA a few minutes ago.

mikeyllorin, potpot2 and Silentwill like this.
  16. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

That's just 5 days earlier than when I placed my order. Hopefully mine arrives within the next few days as well. Did your tracking update or got stuck to Shipmebt picked up as well like some of the others here?

17. quicksilver

quicksilver Member

Yup. I was able to get regular updates.

Silentwill likes this.
  18. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

Mine's still just at shipment picked up. But I'm hoping it's because it belongs to a batch of shipments like another member posted here. I'll just be patient for now and won't contact DHL yet.

19. mree

mree Well-Known Member

BTB is selling base level M1s for 54,690, through their Lazada verified mall page. Then they have a voucher that gives you an additional 250-peso discount. Anyone who’s looking into buying one from Apple.com/ph might want to try this option instead of waiting for weeks.

20. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

I think DHL is not providing updates for every movement of the shipments. My sister's MBP was stuck on "shipment picked up" for days and the next thing she knew it's already out for delivery.

Silentwill likes this.