Anyone ordered from official Apple online store ph?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by Royben, Aug 22, 2019.

1. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

I edited my previous post. Kindly read.

The process of using a freight forwarder has been discussed for over 6 years in this thread. Price difference and trustworthiness vary very little.

What you'll need is a MasterCard/Visa to make an international purchase. Call your bank in advance to advise them of what time, date, merchant and amount in USD you are expecting to charge. To avoid credit card fraud your bank will auto decline by default. Outside of MasterCard/Visa I do not know how to go about it.

Some US merchants may decline international credit cards or delivery to known freight forwarders due to incidents of fraud or competing with their authorized distributors. Some US merchants may require you send the back/front of your Mastercard/Visa and the names must line up with the delivery address recipient. Amazon US generally is the easiest to transact with minimal or any hassle.

There are a lot of deals among US online merchants. 3 months after its debut the $2,400 Macbook Pro 16" was on sale for $1,900+ brand new from an US-based authorized Apple reseller. During that time period the PH merchants charged double the US sale price.

PH govt really needs to update their processes and system for year 2020-onwards so they are not the delay of progress.

Only reasons they do not do this is because no skill and low skill employees will be out of a job and incumbents cannot cause red tape.

The tech systems are implementors are there.

#181 King, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:36 PM
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 12:43 PM
    raypin, pandesxual and Salaryman Ryan like this.
  2. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Considering that gray seller prices these days are just as expensive as online Applestore Philippines. It's probably a lot safer bet to simply buy directly from Apple.

3. pandesxual

pandesxual New Member

I guess I’ll just wait. For such a huge purchase, I’ll go for the safest and hassle-free way.

4. King

Or a US-based authorized Apple reseller.

Even when the grey price is nearly that of the authorized price I noticed that some buyers just want to have a "human connection" or "relationship" with the shop.

Thankfully that is changing as smarter people go with the solution that's most efficient.

I've been buying from the US for over 2 decades. Only time I had problems was when the US delivery guy did not personally hand my shipment to an authorized employee of my freight forwarder. That was quickly resolved within 24 hours with the US merchant whom I bought from sent me an insurance claim to sign. Once claim was approved after 24 hours I was shipped an identical item at the same discounted price I paid for.

If that was the Philippines good luck if it gets done within the week or at all.

Right now, I ordered a DTK that was received by my freight forwarder. Will be able to make Universal 2 binaries soon! :D

I used to buy products here if the price was US SRP + 12% VAT as I need the O.R.

When the price is 2x higher then I really go with the cheaper option.

When I buy my iMac with Apple silicon in 2024 I will compare the lowest prices from authorized
    • PH merchant
    • HK merchant + shipping
    • US merchant + shipping
    I am not willing to wait 4 months because of inefficiencies. At most 2 weeks lang.

#184 King, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:34 PM
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 1:47 PM
    Salaryman Ryan likes this.
  5. King

Check this deal out from Best Buy.

Apple - MacBook Pro - 13"
    Display with Touch Bar -
    Intel Core i5 -
    8GB Memory -
    256GB SSD (Latest Model) -
    Space Gray

$1,199.99 + $33 shipping US to MNL within 2 weeks.

Or around 61,422.51 Philippine peso

On Apple PH Store it's ₱74,990 and is currently unavailable.

#185 King, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:52 PM
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 1:57 PM
  6. Duchess21

Duchess21 New Member

Hi, how long did it stay in customs? I ordered my Apple pencil back in June 16 and it's been at customs for 3 days now.

#186 Duchess21, Jun 30, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 2:50 PM
  7. textguru

textguru Active Member

subscribe to shippingcart (LBC Partner) and use the US Address on your purchase (Amazon for example). Once available, you can compute the shipping cost, depends on the weight/size and destination.

Salaryman Ryan likes this.
  8. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Won't this be charged duties by BOC when it lands here, as it looks like the $33 shipping will not cover that?

9. King

Ask your freight forwarder.

That's just an estimate and I could be wrong.

:)

10. ariasy

ariasy New Member

Not yet... Last Sunday it said, "Forwarded for delivery" already, then "Shipment on hold" zzzzz

11. biology_pub ad

biology_pub ad New Member

Hello! I also ordered last week, June 23, though the invoice was sent to me last June 24.

Katulad mo I availed the student discount, I was expecting they will ask for my ID as proof pero wala ring hiningi saken.

Mukhang okay naman sya kasi I was charged on my credit card already para sa ipad mini 5 and apple pencil that I've ordered.

Pero until now, I haven't received an update from them, kung na-ship na, kasi ang nakalagay sa invoice, today yung shipment date (ipad mini 5) then sa apple pencil last Saturday.

12. enuhski

enuhski Active Member

My order from Apple store arrived earlier than expected - less than 2 weeks. I ordered June 17 and the items arrived yesterday.

Ordered the charge cable for the Macbook 12".

13. King

That's a USB-C cable. Any standards-compliant cable will work with the Macbook. It isnt color white but it will charge at the standard 29W or 30W for around P250.

You can even use a 5W charger with a USB-C to USB-A cable. It'll slow charge but it will charge.

14. LLGA

LLGA New Member

Is this normal? It has been almost half a month and still no movement since my order last june 17 was picked up from apple shenzen. F7CA4369-95E5-4DEB-8660-68B5FF92AC00.jpeg

#194 LLGA, Jul 1, 2020 at 3:00 PM
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 6:55 PM
  15. ACD__

ACD__ New Member

I placed an order last June 27, until now, July 1st, it is still on processing status? How long does it take for the item to be shipped? I also add an engraving and no invoice provided as of the moment.

16. pandesxual

pandesxual New Member

This is a very good deal! However, I am not from Manila — not even in Luzon. I come from a province in Visayas. How can I forward it to my address?

Also, I tried ordering it (just to try) and when I put my address’s ZIP code / Manila’s, “Please enter a valid ZIP code appears”. Can you help me out with this?

17. King

Your US to PH freight forwarder will provide you with a US delivery address. That's the US delivery address for your item to be sent. Your billing details corresponds to your credit card's PH address..

Ask the freight forwarder you prefer how they will ship your item from US to Bohol.

The link to the US to PH shipping thread have people who can better address your concerns.

pandesxual likes this.
  18. Hellodetective18

Hellodetective18 New Member

We’re in a similar situation although I ordered a week after. I called DHL yesterday and they said that the waybill status will be updated once it arrives in Manila. You can try calling them just to be safe. :)http://www.dhl.com.ph/en/contact_center/contact_express.html

19. localguy20

localguy20 New Member

i
    It actually takes 1-2 business days for it to be shipped. Since there is an engraving it might take longer. I ordered airpods pro with engraving last June 21st (Sunday) and by June 23rd it was shipped and I also got the invoice by June 23rd.

ACD__ likes this.
  20. biology_pub ad

biology_pub ad New Member

Hello, I also added engraving on the ipad mini that I've ordered but I received the invoice the next day.

ACD__ likes this.