Any Problem with the New Macbooks (aluminum)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by venkx, Nov 23, 2008.

1. venkx

venkx Member

So, to the owners of the new macbooks (late Oct 08 models), can you share your problems with the macbook, if there is any?

It would be a big help for me to decide if it is worth buying.

I am most worried bout connecting the macbook to an external display, such as an LCD projector, i read some articles over the net that it actually gives you a random blackout.

so... any problems so far?:redface:

2. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

Re: Any Problem with the New Macbooks (aluminum)

as of now, no problems encountered, my macbook is 2 weeks old. regarding your question on external display, i haven't tried connecting my mac to any external display.

3. arnel13

arnel13 Member

no problems here either.

4. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

actually the new macbook is an old macbook in new aluminum case and upgraded lcd & dedicated video card.

so i should be more stable than the old macbook, parang last revision,

in my own conclusion, if nothing is bad about the new major feature which is the aluminum case, then it should be all good, I am getting mine one this christmas

5. NoisyCricket

NoisyCricket Active Member

So far, so good for me :)

bought a miniDisplay - VGA but haven't actually tested it out yet. hehehe.

6. migboy

migboy Member

my 2.4 alum mb has a problem with the time and date settings.... it keeps reverting back to GMT time zone... automatic date and time update doesn't work right. the analog and digital clock displays different times.
    sapura says it was caused by my migration from my old ibook running 10.4.11... they are doing a fresh OS install tomorrow. hope that solves the problem.
    cosmetic wise... my battery cover has a minor ding/depression... very inconspicuous unless you're OC.

7. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

i bought my new MB yesterday.. so far, haven't got any probs on it..

haven't tested installing new softwares..

8. carlo22x

carlo22x Member

No problems encountered yet. There's an update about the external display thing. Haven't downloaded and tried it though.

9. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

I've had my MacBook for like 48 hours. I only noticed that the keyboard gets smudged easily. And I have a hard time removing them.

Otherwise, I'm all good with it.

10. carlo22x

carlo22x Member

Yeah I noticed that too.. use the cleaning cloth to remove the smudge...it's easier if you use that :)

11. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

yeah me too... noticed that keyboard get smudged.. but its easily to be removed

12. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Just curious since it has been days now. Has the fresh install fixed your time/date problem?

13. arnel13

arnel13 Member

Although it seems that way, it's not simply a revised but same old Macbook. If you look at the disassembly pictures, you will see that even its internal layout was redone from scratch (well, maybe hints here and there from the old layout, but nonetheless a total rework). The battery is totally different, memory compartment totally different type and location, new Nvidia controller required new logic board layout from the previous Intel-based one, and even the ports had to be rearranged a bit.

The trackpad is totally new, and so is the mini-DisplayPort... both of which had its fair share of version 1.0 quirks.

In any case, do look forward to your new Macbook. It's well worth it. In my experience, the "version 1.0" unibody is as stable as I want it to be, so far. :)

14. venkx

venkx Member

Im very concerned with the external display issue that roams around the tech news, as i will be connecting a laptop to an external display alot, LCD Projector to be specific & im just a little afraid of getting the macbook now unless it has already been fixed- through software updates - from the external display connection issue.

im just paranoid bout this. hahah

15. babygirl44

babygirl44 Member

i'm oc kaya i hate that the keyboard and screen gets smudged easily. it takes longer to boot compared to my blackbook with tiger os. but other than that, i'm really happy with my unibody.:) i'm especially loving the glass trackpad.

16. bleh888

bleh888 Active Member

i love it, no problems whatsoever. i put a keyboard protector right when i bought it.

17. migboy

migboy Member

the fresh os install sapura did fixed the problem... it's just a hassle to set everything up all over again... good thing they did a back up and reload for all my files.

18. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

do u use the cleaning cloth that came with it? do u use it to wipe the screen? im just afraid to use it, coz it might sratch the screen.. i haven't bought screen protector yet!

19. bleh888

bleh888 Active Member

Where can I buy the screen protector? :D

20. mhelskilot

mhelskilot New Member

My 2.53GHz is now 1 month old and so far so good, what I only noticed is that one time when I switched graphic cards to high-end GeForce 9600M GT GPU 512mb for boost performance, the bottom of the MBP gets hotter compare to 'improve battery life' display setting.