Any one here with Acid Reflux/GERD?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by danielg, Sep 18, 2013.

1. danielg

danielg PhilMUG Addict Member

Just visited an ENT (Dr. Fred Hawson of St. Luke's) and his suggestion of splitting my Pariet dosage from 1pc 20mg tablet once a day to 10mg 2x a day seemed to helped relieve that lump in the throat sensation. I am supposed to do this for 10 days then go back to the 1x 20mg dosage, so we will see how it goes.

2. fish

fish Member

i suffered from gerd before, the main remedy for me was to eat very little during dinner.

3. danielg

I can't wait to be off meds (hopefully in 3 weeks time). Then it's time to persevere with the modified diet :(

4. Cheri_Pie

Cheri_Pie New Member

Hi, I am new here.

I joined because I too has just been diagnosed with GERD.

Is there any new update on your symptoms?

Thanks.

Cheri_Pie

5. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

welcome to PhilMug! although this thread provides valuable info about GERD this forum is primarily for Apple lovers.

Just pointing it out so that if you will not get the answers to your querries you will not be disappointed and pointing out na rin the main purpose of this forum and the crowd that it really caters for.

i hope you all the best with your health. :)

6. blessie15

blessie15 Active Member

Had a recent attack while in Malta... :( Had to calm myself down and relax since stress is also a factor in GERD. I got really dizzy and kept wanting to vomit. Thankfully I was able to survive it. I blame all those cheese ravioli with napoletana sauce that I ate.

7. danielg

Hi, What are your symptoms po? I am currently off meds already. There are still good days and bad days. I think the key here is to eat sensibly. I am really watching my diet although I do cheat once in a while but when I do so, I make sure that I eat only a little portion of the cheat food. What helped me a lot was taking Aloe Cure 2x a day. I also had a special bed wedge cushion made by URATEX. I measured the size of my bed and then had them custom make the wedge for me which I place in between the mattress and the bed's base.

One of the side benefits in following this sensible eating diet was I lost 18 lbs and around 3" off my waist :)

Having Gerd is really a bummer as there are many food restrictions but once you learn to adjust then you will find that things do get better. Hope you will feel better soon.

Yikes, That is why I always have a sachet of Gaviscon with me for these type of emergencies. Hope you're doing better now.

8. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

happy new year folks. any idea what tea is okay for acid reflux?

9. AceBurd

AceBurd Member

try ginger tea, it will soothe and cause relaxation to your GIT

triggerbokie likes this.