any minidisc owners here?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by chris2x, May 2, 2021.

1. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

i've started building up a collection of minidiscs and hardware, and now i'm wondering if i'm all alone with having a bit of fun with this piece of legacy hardware. :)

2. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Uhhmm had it like 20 years ago when it was a cool change from CDs and cassettes.

chris2x likes this.
  3. emsy

emsy Active Member

had a few albums in the stash. nice hardware during that time.

4. 31gna

31gna Active Member

the one originally from Sony (or was it?)? oh my, 20 yrs it is! I had a set back then. I remember buying it out of impulse in an outlet store in the US as it was on sale. Nabuyo din ng officemates since they had one already haha.
    I dont remember selling it so it's probably lying around in my mom's house :) mahanap nga.

chris2x likes this.
  5. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Have the blue NetMD Walkman in storage somewhere. Last I saw it, the LCD's started to rot from the inside.

Was kinda late to the MD party so the tech was short-lived as micro-HDD-based music players began to appear. That's the time I went for the Creative Zen Micro... and much, much later, an iPod Classic.

chris2x likes this.
  6. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

I had to check the date of the post to see if its new.:ROFLMAO: Around 26-27 years ago, when cd writers weren't a thing yet and we all just had to do with mixed tapes. 'Twas a sony and a recorder. Didn't buy any albums...just made mixed mini discs from favorite cds. Couldn't put so much though, 60 mins I think or could be less? Couldn't remember what happened to it though...the few years after college were a blur:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chris2x likes this.
  7. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

I can't believe they are that old... I have a collection of MD recordings, and a player.

chris2x likes this.
  8. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

guess i'm the only one who is just now (re)discovering the nostalgia and pain of Minidiscs :) i have a radio, and 2 devices i can connect via USB to copy songs into with SonicStage (a portable and a home-based unit). and a large stack of discs.

all of which i've been snapping up from sellers who are probably running Japanese surplus shops :D

9. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

My MD's help me survived with me on college years. I remember that time ripping 2nd Urbandub Album to AAC format using SonicStage then I have 3 limits to transfer per MD.

chris2x likes this.