Any feedback on Chris gadgets?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by Karla gon, Oct 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Right on, tried everything. Messenger, sms, call, nothing.

2. mree

mree Well-Known Member

Because a friend wanted to purchase the cheapest iphone 12 pro she can, I told her to try Chris gadgets since he seems to have the lowest price. She ended up just pre-ordering since Pros and Pro Maxs seem to be out-of-stock everywhere.

Please note that I never bought anything, nor transacted with Chrisgadgets. Just sharing my friend’s experience.
    1. He will not reply to your questions unless you are buying on that same day. He will simply ask you to send him a text message on the same day you’re buying a unit.
    2. After she confirmed that she’s getting a unit on the same day, he responded with his payment options: cash on meet-up in starbucks near marco polo hotel in ortigas OR BDO/BPI deposit then Grab/Lalamove/LBC. No COD.
    3. After my friend decided to just do BPI deposit, he then responded with “checking stocks hold.” I find this so stupid. Look, if a buyer says she’s getting a unit today, don’t even explain the payment options if you’re not even sure you can provide a unit.
    4. After almost an hour, he said no units available and just check with him tomorrow since he has delivery around lunch time.
    5. My friend asked him the next day, no response.

Just stay away from this seller. There are other reputable online sellers out there. He may be legit, but don’t you want to be treated better as a paying consumer?

3. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

My SMS exchange with The Chris this morning:

Me: Hi! Available po ang Mac Mini M1 base model? Magkano kaya shipping to Iligan in Mindanao?
    Him: keln ka bili?
    Me: Asap.
    Him: today ka bili?
    Me: Pwede. Bank transfer?
    Him: depost then lbc
    Me: Sige. Bank details? May idea ka sa lbc cost?
    Him: checking stocks
    Me: Tenks
    Him: plus 2k lbc with insu. [comment: medyo namamahalan ako pero, sige, basta mabilis dumating. parang same cost lang if from Amazon bibili, hehe.]
    Me: Ok
    Him: upon checking stocks last 1 mern now tpos 512gb 50k. interested kba?
    Me: Aw! Nah I don’t need the extra storage. Ext ssd lang balak ko for data.

End of exchange.

I remember Mayer’s at Quiapo, for cameras. Yoko na bumalik don. :)

Now considering Amazon, pero kakatakot rant ng mga tao sa courier companies sa FB. Or Apple online? Tagaaaalll!

4. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Penny wise pound foolish. There’s a reason I deal with brick and mortar stores.

5. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Just avoid grey sellers, for peace of mind. support our local economy.

jlconferido likes this.
  6. shifty_md

shifty_md Well-Known Member

I agree with all the posts I have read here. Advertised prices are competitive but you'll be lucky to even get a reply from them, let alone answer your call. I ended up getting a MacBook Air M1 from another seller instead.

7. tinmuning

tinmuning Active Member

He got the lowest price for AirPods Pro, Php10,800 as of this writing. I agree with all the previous comments on how he responds to queries and a lot would be turned off by how he deals with inquiries. The transaction itself was pretty straight-forward and it was done within 1 hour--including the shipping of the item from his location in Ortigas to mine in Makati.

He made a bit of small talk when I used Mandarin.

8. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Transacted twice already with Chris. Awesome prices but poor customer service. but overall i'm ok with that.

9. chasevidar

chasevidar New Member

Got several Apple devices from Chrisgadgets already with no problems, just recently got my Macbook Air M1 from him. Regarding his rudeness on text, he's probably your typical Chinoy shopkeeper who doesn't take any questions and go straight to the sale. He has established this quirky system for ordering which starts from inquiry through text and when you're really decided to order he'll send out payment instructions or sets up a meeting and moves the convo to Viber. His replies are mostly templated (maybe automated, even) and you really have to strictly follow his instructions on posting payment up to scheduling a delivery at a specific time and place (if shipping via Grab/Lalamove). He also makes sure that your item gets to you if you opt for the delivery option by posting the rider's details and proof in your Viber convo. Also, I think he's more of a wholesaler, since his prices are so low that he also caters to other independent resellers who also buy in bulk from him.

But of course, grey market is grey market, so buy at your own risk.

PS. I also bought from AJT in Greenhills several times, their CS kinda sucks. Their staff wasn't as welcoming and almost ripped me off one time.

10. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I haven't bought anything from grey sellers because I like supporting brick and mortar shops that pay correct wages and taxes, plus, you have great customer service. I am pissed at the idea of shop owners who seem to be snotty at times because they think they have a great customer base because of low price points. For me, there is no such thing as a gadget Nazi because it's still our money. It is the buying experience that counts.