Any Apps to recommend for Password storage?

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Ghibli, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

I just want to ask if there are any good secure apps that is used/designed primarily for storing multiple passwords? I use the notes app for storing sensitive info but if there are any other apps (free is preferred but paid apps would also be welcome) that offer better organization and with added features. Feel free to recommend.

2. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

I recommend you use Lastpass as their free account is good.

if you are willing to pay, you may use 1password or dashlane.

I personally use 1password family subscription as it allows me to have my family use their own vaults for storing their passwords.

3. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

I use the built-in password manager of Firefox and Safari. The nice thing about them is that it tells me when the website was compromised or I've used the password for other accounts previously.

4. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Here's a good resource to check out for some good open-source options: https://www.privacytools.io/software/passwords/

I personally use Bitwarden, as it's a good alternative to LastPass. You can use their cloud service, or if you're more adventurous (or paranoid, hehe), you can also self-host.

5. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

I also use 1Password Family for all my password needs. The family plan also allows you to create a shared vault where you can share logins with family e.g. Netflix and Amazon Prime passwords. The vaults can also contain documents so the shared vault is the perfect place to store family passport scans, bank account info, your will, etc.

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

1Password FTW! Lastpass sunsets its Mac OS X app.

7. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

I tried 1Password and it gets the jobe done. Thanks for the responses.

8. Cruncher

Cruncher New Member

+1 for 1Password. Great support. Adapting new Features for iOS and MacOS really fast. Can`t be happier as your passwords are too important for crappy apps which destroys your PW Database.

I am using 1PW for more than 10 Years now and used Lastpass and Keepass for my work seperately because they provided me these tools. As of now I have just 2 Treasures in 1PW for Private and Work an I am super happy.

9. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

1Password for IOS

LastPass for Chromebook

10. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member