Anker Products (Chargers and External Batteries)

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by alvinrayyu, Nov 1, 2013.

1. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

I just wanna share some of these Anker products which I bought as accessories for my Apple devices. I believe you can only purchase them either direct from Anker or from Amazon.com. I do hope that some local resellers can offer them in the next few months. These are high-quality accessories that are more affordable than the leading brands. I have tested each of these products and can attest to their reliability and quality. What's best about Anker is that they include everything but the kitchen sink from cables to adapters and pouch/case for certain products. Customer service is superb as well, just drop them an email or drop 'em a question on their Facebook page.

Here are some of the Anker products that I own or have personally tested:

Anker® Astro Slim2 4500mAh Ultra-Slim Portable External Battery Charger Power Bank
    - this battery does come in handy to power my iPhone 5 which is quite a battery hog. I love how I can hold my iPhone and this external battery with one hand.

Anker Astro Slim3 6000mAh Ultra-Slim Built-In-Cable Dual-Port Portable External Battery Backup Charger Power Bank
    - same as above, I usually bring this during long drives or flights. I even tried this to power up an external hard drive that couldn't draw power from my MacBook's USB port.

Anker® 25W (5V/5A) 5-Port Wall Family-Sized Charger
    - I use this to free up space on our power strip, and it looks sleek on my computer table. Charging is way much faster than the Apple 5W power adapter. Compatible with iOS devices, bluetooth speaker, Kindle, external batteries/Powerbank, etc.

Anker® 18W /3.6A Dual-Port Wall Charger
    - Great for traveling. I also stow one inside my backpack just in case I need a quick charge somewhere. I also bought extra to give away as gifts this Christmas.

Anker® 24W / 2.4A + 2.4A (4.8A max) USB Car Charger
    - I use this car charger to power up my iPhone or iPad. Also perfect as a stocking stuffer.

Anker® Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Built in Microphone
    - I use this for my FaceTime and Skype calls, speakerphone feature is really neat!

Anker® Bluetooth Stereo Audio Music Receiver and Transmitter 2-In-1 Adapter
    - I use this adapter to allow Bluetooth connectivity on all of my old speakers and MP3 players, including my clock radio!

Can't wait to try this one when it becomes available
    [h=1]Anker® 36W/7.2A USB Quad-Port Wall Charger - The World's Most Powerful Quad-Port Charger[/h]

#1 alvinrayyu, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

i also hope they will have a distributor here, i always read on anker and was actually the top brand in lifehacker's list of recommended power banks based on customer votes

3. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

[h=1]Anker® 40W 5V / 8A 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop Charger[/h]now available

• 5 USB Smart Ports auto-adjust charging speeds to charge phones, tablets or any USB-charged devices at their maximum speeds (up to 8A).
    • The size of a deck of playing cards (3.6 x 2.3 x 1.0in) and unibody design for added portability.
    • Industrial-grade plastic construction and premium circuitry ensure lifetime reliability.
    • AC 100-240V input voltage ideal for international travel.
    • Package contents: Anker® 40W 5-Port Wall Charger, 5ft / 150cm detachable power cord, user manual.

4. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

Bought this one in Amazon but unfortunately it broke after 1 week. Anker had Amazon refunded it coz it is already here in the Philippines.

5. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Wow, really? Better monitor mine then. At least they gave you a refund.

6. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

It was working for a week, i already set it up as the family charging station... But then it konked out. I sent them an email and asked for a full refund including freight... Their customer service is great!

Asked them what to do with the defective product... Their reply...

'I understand you are in Philippines and can not return the defective charger. It is OK, please recycle or dispose of it at your convenience.

If there is anything else we may help with, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best.

Thank you!'

7. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

hi trigo. how much is shipping to the Philippines?

8. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

I used my-shipping box, around usd6 ata. Excluding amazon to my-shipping box.

9. Sven

Sven Active Member

Charlie, please here our plea and make this available locally :)

10. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

i bought the 5 port charger via a local online seller. Loved the fact that it is 5A. i previously bought a capdase not knowing it was just 2A. worked fine but one time one port seemed to be not working. Good thing it wasn't the port for the ipad. I just used the other remaining ports. Too bad there seems to be a number of defective units bought by philmug members.

11. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I love my Anker Powerbank; the only thing I didn't like was the power button that's easily depressed while in a bag. Many at times I would bring out the powerbank only to find out the LED flashlight has been ON the whole time.

12. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

What I want to see is this

Anker® USB 3.0 9-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Smart Charging Port with 12V 5A Power Adapter [VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and updated Firmware 9081]

• Easily add 9 USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports to your PC and enjoy data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps for faster sync times.
    • Additional charging port (2.1A) offers enough current to charge either a smartphone or a tablet at high speed. USB 3.0 ports supply 0.9A each.
    • Lightweight, "power-bar" design effectively saves space. Blue LED indicates normal operation.
    • Designed with a built-in surge protector to keep your devices safe. Supports hot swapping. No installation of drivers required for Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 or Mac OS X 10.2 and above.
    • Package contents: Anker® 9-Port Charging Hub, 12V / 5A power adapter (with 5.5ft cord), USB 3.0 cable (3.3 ft), instruction manual. Free lifetime technical support and 18-month manufacturer's warranty.

=====

Because Macs just do not have enough USB ports!

13. bev028

bev028 Member

Glad to here a lot of techies in our country are aware na of how anker quality is.
    i am the distributor here in the philippines of anker usa.
    you can check my website Icah Online
    or you can also contact ianker.com and ask where you can get anker powerbanks here in our country. theyll give my contact number / website aswell :)

14. yoh_hectic

Bev you got the USB 3 hub on stock?

15. bev028

bev028 Member

Glad to here a lot of techies in our country are aware na of how anker quality is.
    i am the distributor here in the philippines of anker usa. [EDITED OUT PERSONAL WEBSITE - mods]
    or you can also contact ianker.com and ask where you can get anker powerbanks here in our country. theyll give my contact number / website aswell :)

#15 bev028, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  16. bev028

bev028 Member

nope. actually 2 pcs nlng stock 20000mah nlng. my stocks are almost. sold out in a week literally.
    ill be sending my orders again with them and my next target to stock ups are bluetooth speaker. but will try to stock up USB 3 hub aswell if your interested to buy :) p.s. (they processed orders for 2 months. literally.)

17. yoh_hectic

Bev with how many USB 3 ports we get it may be a hot seller.

What items do you currently have on stock now? I'm looking for a way to charge my two USB devices through the cig lighter at the same time.

18. bev028

bev028 Member

currently i only stock up powerbanks, as ive seen threads like this it will help me think of what other product lines should i import aswell :)

19. bev028

bev028 Member

i have 20000mah, multi voltage. it can charge your laptop once, and iphone 8-9
    for vape im not familiar with the mah of it but im sure you can charge it multiple times with the monster charger. hehe :)

too bad 12000mah 2nd gen is sold out. 3 po output nun..

20. yoh_hectic

Model number please so we can google it for more details/reviews. :)