Animated Desktop

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Big Daddy Mon, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Big Daddy Mon

Big Daddy Mon New Member

2. sean_4c

sean_4c Member

too bad its just a 10 day trial. $29.95 for an animated desktop is too expensive. thanks for the link!

3. Big Daddy Mon

Big Daddy Mon New Member

I have to agree it is a little bit expensive, particularly with the exchange rate and everything. It just so happens that I was looking for an animated desktop and screensaver rolled into one in this fit the requirements perfectly.

They currently have a total of 39 different scenes including a real reef coral scene. It;s really cool. Maybe if the converted cost falls to the range of P900 it may spark interest among PhilMUG members.

4. stazzowazzo

stazzowazzo Member

VIsta has one too. its called dreamscene but only available to vista ultimate.

5. alistair

alistair Member

6. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

i would have purchased at USD29.95, but the site says USD49.95 for single computer:( am i missing something?

7. koppee1

koppee1 Active Member

When you have that animated desktop...does it make it noticeably slower for other apps?

8. Big Daddy Mon

Big Daddy Mon New Member

@Theus

They seem to have updated their website recently. I also noticed that the app is now called Serene Saver Pro, with many new features. Maybe you can try filling out a query form on their "Contact Us" link and inquire whether the prices were updated. I have communicated several time with Amuse Inc. and they are courteous and accommodating.

@koppee1

There is no degrading at all on other apps. I always have 2-3 apps running at the same time and there is difference in terms of speed and processing time.

9. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

The animated desktop thing is kinda cool. But I find no reason at all to spend $29.95 for it :D

10. koppee1

koppee1 Active Member

what if you want to unistall it? hehe...worried it will be hard to unistall after trying :D

11. IronMan

IronMan Member

It will definitely eat up CPU resources. If you use MenuMeters, you'll notice the CPU utilization shoot up when you use these applications. In my case, i tried the one in Onyx. Just some eye candy really, but when you're using your Mac, all the running apps would normally hide your desktop.

But if you're killing time and you wanna show off your desktop, this is cool. :)

12. koppee1

koppee1 Active Member

Hmm...does anyone know how to choose/view a scene before downloading it?

13. allmywebsite1

allmywebsite1 Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

i have used free trial and i liked it so i have bought it now. i m happy to use it.