Amazon Prime Video Philippines

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by yoh_hectic, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    Oh, this MiBox is not available where I am. I shouldn't be in this thread since I'm not even in the Phils. But thanks for the tip. Will consider it once I get back to the PI. Cheers!

In the meantime, will just use my MacBook Air to watch Amazon Prime shows.

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Are you able to access Hulu, ESPN, HuluPlus, Starz, etc. on the Fire Stick or do you still need VPN to access these and their content?

3. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

I was only able to check out Starz and Hulu+

For Starz, I was able to sign in to a trial account and play all shows via VPN. I didn't need to test it without a VPN as this Fire TV Stick is permanently on VPN anyway. I need it to access live TV in the US.

For Hulu, I wasn't able to sign up using my main account as it wants a payment method that is US-based. I could try my alternate US account but I'm still not sure if it's still worth it.

Gotta leave for work now.

ronjet and hitme64 like this.
  4. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ To add, I was able to create a US-based payment method and was able to sign-up to the Hulu+ trial . I am able to watch movies using a browser and via VPN.

I'll check tonight if I can do the same on the Fire TV Stick.

I must remember to cancel these subscriptions before my trial period is up. Hulu+ is like $45/month.. Yikes!

5. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup. You need a US Amazon Prime Account.

6. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

For Netflix, my basis for now is Avengers Infinity War. Anyhow all MCU movies will be removed from Netflix once Disney Plus gets launched this November.

7. hitme64

Which is way, way more expensive than Netflix, APV and HBO combined. And just a few content titillates me really. Starz has better TV series offerings.

8. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

He got Hulu with Live TV which is why its $45. Hulu with ads is only $6 a month.

Anyway going back to Prime, I just found out there’s a Prime channel for old 90s Nickelodeon shows, NickHits for $8 a month. Got curious the other day after watching the current reboot of All That on Nickelodeon. Oh, nostalgia.

hitme64 likes this.
  9. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

Jack Ryan Season 2 is coming soon... & the final season of Preacher is up..

SE20, raypin and hitme64 like this.
  10. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

So I am currently reading the first volumes of The Boys, and there are already deviations relative to the TV show, of which I strongly approve. It's a good thing that the show front-runners did not make a literal adaptation of the comic books because the violence and vulgarity in the comics, I find to be redundant, tiresome and soulless, I feel like the author needs to dial it down by a notch.

eag and hitme64 like this.
  11. hitme64

^They did a commendable job with the TV version of The Boys, same thing they did with Polar.

It’s actually great that content that used to be only available for films is now on TV, which actually has a wider demographic viewership. Then there’s the race to produce more films for the platforms, which Netflix is winning now, but APV has original content that is actually “original, extensive and cut” from material that is groundbreaking, diverse or mature.

greta87 and Ghibli like this.
  12. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes they did. The Boys is currently the most popular TV show of Amazon Prime. It's critically acclaimed, both to critics and casual viewers. I hope season 2 delivers. Expectations are quite high.

Mykolant likes this.
  13. manager

manager Active Member

Is this available on our local APV?

14. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

It was available on mine, so yes
    And I was surprised, Jack Ryan was also a really good series.

manager likes this.
  15. hitme64

Rumor has it that The Boys Season 2 will feature the demise of two major characters, one each from The Seven and The Boys themselves. But with the death of Translucent, doesn’t The Seven been down to just Six?

And who, we pray, among the Boys will bite the dust? Definitely not Hughie or Billy, or even Kimiko who can regenerate her wounds. It’s a toss-up between Frenchman and Mother’s Milk, but if we follow the comics, don’t they get another member along the way?

Definitely the best piece of TV action nowadays, The Boys doesn’t mince words with drawing comparisons from its comics variant, choosing a more darker and violent path on screen.

Mykolant and greta87 like this.
  16. kinse_44

The Boys is like an eight episode summer movie. Very entertaining from pilot to finale.

Homelander is up there with the likes of Ramsey Bolton or Cersei. I bet a lot of bloodthirsty viewers will want to see him suffer badly in the end.

17. hitme64

^More than likely he is, but what do we say about him at the end of the finale? Did he do what they say he did to Billy’s wife or did she in fact want it to happen in the first place? And what does that make him? Any less a mortal like everyone else...

18. kinse_44

I think what happened to Homelander and Becca was consensual. With this show I just expect that everybody is at their worst.

Mykolant and greta87 like this.
  19. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    I think so too. Parang you could see in Becca's eyes that she feels sorry for Billy not knowing anything about it....

That whole ending was a mind-blowing reveal for me. Great job!! Can't wait for Season 2!

20. kinse_44

Anybody giving Carnival Row a try? I'm 2 episodes in. The story is fine, not that epic though. Looks like it has a big budget with all of the CGI and costumes.