Aluminum MacBook Intel 10.5.8 Upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by taipan2k6, Dec 15, 2009.

1. taipan2k6

taipan2k6 Guest

I've had my aluminum MacBook for over a year now. I was wondering where wthe beast place to upgrade it would be.

I'm currently working with a default CD-RW which I would like to upgrade to a DVD-RW as well as I GB RAM which I'd like to upgrade as well.

Any suggestions as to what upgrades to get, if these are possible?

Any suggestions as to where the best place to get these upgrades would be?

Thanks guys

2. ian_gabinete

ian_gabinete Member

If that's the Aluminum Macbook (late 2008 model) you are talking about, stock unit (even the entry model) should already have a superdrive (which writes on dvd) and a 2 GB DDR3 RAM.

Or you might be pertaining to an older 12" powerbook model (which is made of aluminum)?

Contact Sir Charlie of Digital Hub (use search) for possible upgrades. It's Christmas season. You might get a very good discount.

3. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

based on your title, you are still on leopard os x, first, upgrade your os x from leopard to snow leopard:D

4. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

You can bring it to Ynzal (www.ynzal.com). Or to any Apple Reseller. The Apple site lists Philippine resellers. If you are on a budget you can try searching at www.tipidpc.com. Lots of ram there. For used Superdrives, get in touch with mark_17 of Philmug. Send him a PM.