Airports Thread (NAIA, Clark, etc.)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by rbenzon, Oct 7, 2016.

1. SQUN

SQUN Member

Go to the website of your airline, search for manage booking then check in online.

Check in online is available within 24 hours before your flight. You can also reserve seat and meal as well as special request like the use of wheel chair or stroller.

2. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

Yes sir it was at NAIA3

rednaxela likes this.
  3. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Hehe..thought you knew something I didn't already know.

Qantas didn't provide online check-in, even if they allowed me to select our seats upon purchase of tickets, at AUD$35.00 per passenger, mind you.

The ground staff said this procedure of opening the luggage for inspection prior to check-in has been put in place by Australia travel authorities just this year. So far, only Qantas flights into Australia have been required to do so. I have yet to verify whether other airlines destined for Australian cities are also required to follow this. If not at present, they eventually will be required.

Security in Australia has always been strict but has levelled up even higher this past year after some terrorist attempts were foiled at Sydney International Airport sometime ago.

Every passenger on our flight had to undergo this inspection. One guy got pissed because he had already paid to have his suitcase wrapped with plastic cling wrap, only to be removed by the ground crew. They had to re-wrap his suitcase after the inspection, which is just fair.

4. SQUN

SQUN Member

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 9.05.06 PM.jpg

Qantas website says you can. Not unless your flight is codeshare or this:

Important information

Disclaimer: *Subject to Qantas Frequent Flyer status and class of travel.
    Disclaimer: ^ Mobile check-in is not available at Lord Howe Island.
    Disclaimer: ~ Online check-in is not available for flights departing Port Moresby.

If this is the case you can still proceed to the dedicated online check in counter and mention that the system doesn't permit you to do so and they will still accommodate you, at least for me it works.

#184 SQUN, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  5. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

^yup, that's what we did.

When I said Qantas did not provide, I meant it did not allow online check in. At least for my booking.

Could be based on what kind of tickets you got. Got mine thru my credit card loyalty points, and not thru the Qantas website or the travel agent.

The Qantas website said all international flights only have access to Desktop check-in at the airport, and when we got to the airport, the only option is to head to the counter. I'm sure this whole protocol may be changed from one flight to the next, so your circumstances may have been different to mine, unless you were on the exact same flight as mine.

But everyone still needed to go through the luggage inspection before check-in, bag drop, and claiming their boarding pass. Regardless whether you've checked in online or not, so it doesn't really matter in the end.

6. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

7. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

greta87 likes this.
  8. dasaint

dasaint Well-Known Member

9. greta87

^ ha ha. I forgot to take it down. haven't logged in in a while.

Yes, that planned re-assignment was being pushed by the former speaker of the House, Cong. Alvarez, but since he's no longer as powerful, I was informed that the reassignment is no longer a priority item of the government/DOTr. ha ha..

pandecoco and raypin like this.
  10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

11. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

XIAMEN AIRLINES skidded off runway 06/24 last THU evening causing massive flight cancellation at NAIA. runway was open again this Sunday.

12. raypin

Mm....it took airport authorities a full 24 hours to clear the closed runaway of a 737.....a small 737. How long would it take if the plane was a 747? 72 hours? Much longer? Clearly, MIAA/DOT are not prepared for a large scale mishap. The losses are substantial for all stakeholders.

Build a new airport. I like the San Miguel proposal in Bulacan. With 4 parallel runways, the mega airport can continue to operate, come what may.

Sunil_K likes this.
  13. murmurr

murmurr Member

Good thing we rebooked our ticket to next week!

hitme64 likes this.
  14. greta87

& to think that the airport manager is trying to pass all the blame to Xiamen airlines as the cause of all the delays & cancellations... file a suit daw versus Xiamen.. as if MIAA is totally blameless regarding the whole fiasco...

hitme64, Juice and raypin like this.
  15. SQUN

SQUN Member

My flight was diverted to Hong Kong because of this. Hotel accommodation, dinner and breakfast were provided. Its like a free side trip for a day!

#195 SQUN, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    hitme64, raypin, greta87 and 3 others like this.
  16. raypin

Mm...just a reminder, again:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/979315...abbed-for-stealing-cash-from-japanese-tourist

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/102944...d-theft-at-naia-3-after-taiwanese-loses-p140k

Lalo na mag papasko na.

As a matter of procedure nila, if they want to screen your luggages, it has to be with your consent and in your presence. Insist on that right. Do not be distracted. Keep all luggage under lock and open one at a time. Huwag sabay sabay. Baka kung ano i-plant nila (drugs etc.) o nakawin.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

hitme64 and pandecoco like this.
  17. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Breezed thru NAIA 1 in less than 30mins for my secret (now not-so-secret) trip to the US...last used Terminal 1 in 1995 and I still remember almost the same exact features but now with some modest changes like cleaner comfort rooms and better food chain choices...there were no delays for my flight and I was out and in Manila to US and back in 5 days without any hassle...

On a side note Korean Air has some rather bland menu choices which weren’t as good as those in Cathay or KLM or Emirates...

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  18. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Mactan Cebu Airport more convienient

[​IMG]

greta87 likes this.
  19. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Tycoons bag P102-B Naia project | Inquirer.net

Aboitiz InfraCapital Inc. + Ayalas’ AC Infrastructure Holdings Corp. + Alliance Global Group Inc. + Asia’s Emerging Dragon Corp. + Filinvest Development Corp. + JG Summit Holdings Inc. + Metro Pacific Investments Corp. + Changi Airport Consultants Pte. Ltd.

I don't expect NAIA to be as good as our ASEAN neighbor's airport...

It's just not possible...

But small improvements are welcome while we wait for the next Manila International Airport...

20. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Passing thru Incheon International (voted No.3 best airport worldwide) on my way to the US was like staying at a 6-star hotel. Splendid amenities, well-stocked duty-free, hot and spicy food choices, and polite Korean staff (yep, they can be that). The best thing about Incheon is that it’s so clean you can actually sleep on the floors. Even their robotic assistant will gently nudge you if you impede its walk. Even the morning sun coming in thru the glass walls won’t wake you up. The plant and tree atrium is divine and a great place to lay down on.

NAIA is like, well, Washington Dulles. Drab, unexciting, colorless in part, and long, long lines everywhere, even at lavatories and restrooms. Took me 1 hr to get past CBP. Just got lucky an entire Korean entourage got the “please come with me” treatment. If not I would’ve not made a 3-hr connection flight.

raypin likes this.