AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. HiluxVigo04

HiluxVigo04 Member

@rdy0329 If I may ask, How long have you been using your airpods for working out in the gym? Did you encounter any issues with it when it gets wet? (Because of our sweat) I decided to buy the Bose Soundsport wireless instead of the Airpods 2. Because of the power mac staff that told me RE: That a lot of Airpods users have issues when it gets wet because of sweat. I hope you could enlighten me on this one. (n) Thanks in advance :D

P.S. Other users who use their Airpods 1 or 2 for working out can also share their inputs.

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

First case of someone swallowing his AirPods. A male tourist inadvertently jumped from a boat into a lake with his AirPods on and in the course of swimming about gulped down the left pair.

So he goes to the Genius Bar asking what to do with it and he is told that he’s better off asking at the Pharmacy for some strong laxatives, and a warning not to please ask for a replacement by bringing it back to them.

True story. Go figure.

3. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Works fine for me on 5 KM runs outside. Haven't tried it much in gyms or indoor workouts but should be fine except maybe if you're unusually extra sweaty.

4. HiluxVigo04

HiluxVigo04 Member

Wow! 5 KM is something already! I guess the airpods are also capable of being wet. I just hope I don't get into a buyer's remorse anytime soon with the Bose Soundsport. (n)

5. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Works really well, sound quality hasn't changed since I bought them. I've only ever have them fall out during intense HIIT cardio where sweat was a huge factor. Strength training (lifting) routines don't make them budge at all.

I also have a friend who loves cardio that tells me it stayed on for most of his 1-2 hours runs outside.

6. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

My 1st gen Airpods seem to be dying a natural death. Even at full charge, one or both Airpods gets disconnected just after a 15-30 minutes of use and sometimes less than that. I have to put them back in the case to reconnect, just to get disconnected again

I've already tried re-pairing them to my iPhone and even reset them numerous times. No choice now but to save up for the latest model

7. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

4E2CE951-8EFF-48EC-BE2D-D10E956B5E39.jpeg

Protecting something that wont last 3 years is me being extra AF.

Left - Gen 1
    Right - Gen 2

I like that it went well with the case I ordered.

8. HiluxVigo04

HiluxVigo04 Member

This is good to hear! I think I should've went with the Airpods. (n)

Nice case combi by the way!

9. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Lemme guess... usually it's the left AirPod that disconnects abruptly?

10. mongkee

In my case it started on the right. But now either one disconnects at random

11. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

it has to do with the batteries of the airpods dying out...I experience that randomly too. but it happens more often when my airpods charger is drained and even with the airpods themselves with 100%. the charger is a middleman in pairing the 'pods to the iphones or devices it connects with.

12. mongkee

Are the 2nd gen Airpods and charging case backward compatible with the 1st gen? I have I defective 1st gen and might be getting a 2nd gen soon. If my 1st gen charging case still works, it'd be nice to have an extra as backup

13. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

AC32CEB5-B7B0-4ABF-BD2D-EDF8BBEEFA39.jpeg

Finally got hold of these last week locally as they were always out of stock... The sennheiser momentum true wireless definitely beats everything i have tried and personally used so far in terms of sq. The jabra 65t active which i always recommended for its good sq and feature set has no match as far as sound quality goes.
    It will rival my sony wh-1000xm3 even though its not exactly a fair comparison since those are bluetooth headphones with active noise cancelling. Also these fit well in my ears was worried since it appears to be large but fits just like the rest of the true wireless i have used. Sorry for the OT, just following up as I mentioned this before as a good alternative to those who want the absolute best sound quality for true wireless

14. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Because I love jazz, and my AirPods. :)

rdy0329, Dekra, Roman and 1 other person like this.
  15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...wow....one of the best ads I ve seen in a very long time.

16. loko__loko

loko__loko Active Member

Got my AirPods three weeks ago. One of the best BT microphone, The speakers might not be as good as other expensive brands but microphone is really good.

rdy0329 and OwlAlpha26 like this.
  17. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Mine too! It started after i updated to ios 12.3.1. I will wait for the next ios update and see what happens.

GelOBrrz likes this.
  18. OwlAlpha26

OwlAlpha26 Active Member

I'm on my second set of Airpods now, sadly, my old one(Gen1) dies ever 15 mins both sides. :(

19. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone, may i seek advice where can i buy 1 piece of the airpods (right). unfortunately i can't find it. will a used Right airpods work? or it should be from apple?

thanks

20. GelOBrrz

GelOBrrz Member