AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. jeanallen

jeanallen Member

Planning to buy airpods 2 via facebook marketplace. Mag kaka problema kaya sa warranty since wala naman receipt na mabibigay sakin?

2. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

No problem with warranty. Just register the serial number of the airpods to activate warranty period. Service centers will only check it's warranty period thru apple website, no need to show official receipt.

3. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Do take note that until the airpods 2 is officially available in PH, the one you bought doesnt have any warranty too, so if u bought it and there’s a problem with it or u need to claim warranty after a week or two, it will have to wait until its officially in ph... just so u know the risks but as far as receipt its unlikely u will need that when claiming warranty that wouldn’t be a problem

4. jeanallen

jeanallen Member

I see. Thanks everyone. Hindi ko na talaga mahintay yung release sa powermac kasi hehe

5. mosaka

mosaka Active Member

Got my Airpods replaced for free (it was 4 months past the warranty period). Battery drained too quickly, from 100% to 10% in 40 minutes.

Apple still has the best support.

6. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

They are gonna study the hell out of that battery and usage habits.

7. mosaka

mosaka Active Member

Lol, it was used only for commutes and remote meetings.

8. rdy0329

1 year and 4 months = 40 minutes usable time? It's an interesting degradation speed.

9. racz41

racz41 Member

Looks like they really need to find a way to make the batteries in Airpods replaceable.

10. rdy0329

Battery physics are non-negotiable when it comes to what you can do with such tiny space. The smaller your battery is, the faster and harder degradation affects the chemistry of the cell. Improving efficiency of the chip is the only way to increase longevity of the AirPod w/ the current design. Lower power draw = less battery cycle count = longer lifespan = less waste.

It would be cool if they can translate MacBook’s battery tech to smaller devices. 1,000 cycles before you reach 80% battery health. IPhones and AirPods are close to 300 cycles to reach 80% battery health.

BT 5.0 on AirPods 2 actually provided some breathing space in terms of using less power but Apple being Apple opted to include always on “Hey Siri” as a feature that effectively wiping out any energy savings BT5.0 would have provided.

Redditors are reporting that turning off “Hey Siri” did improve their battery life by up to 1 hour. Unfortunately, turning off hey siri on your phone is the only way to turn it off on the AirPods 2.

racz41 likes this.
  11. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

My airpods doesn’t seem to fit my ear as good as it used to. They always fall off now especially when I run. Now it’s either I buy those silicone ear hooks or sell my airpods and get the new powerbeats.

12. rdy0329

You can't go wrong with powerbeats.

Aargh likes this.
  13. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

14. Aargh

15. Aargh

I would just miss the portability of the airpods, but at this point it’s almost unusable for me when I work out.

16. rdy0329

There you have it. Powerbeats in the gym bag and airpods in your daily jean/slacks pocket.

Aargh likes this.
  17. Aargh

Hahahaha. I don’t think my budget would allow me to keep both. I’m also planning to buy the noise cancelling headphones of Sony. I need a second job! Hahaha

18. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

Hi! I checked up with a local Apple reseller in Pampanga (iBook). They’re accepting preorders of AirPods 2 and they said they should arrive by May 13. Should give an idea to the release date for other resellers. =)

shootertwist likes this.
  19. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

20. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I have officially decided not to get the 2nd gen airpods. So now I am in the market for something better in terms of battery and sound quality.

leninmac likes this.