AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Got an el-cheapo wireless charging case on Amazon, but ordered the official one.

eomasilungan likes this.
  2. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

leninmac, hitme64, raypin and 2 others like this.
  3. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

4. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

I
    I’m more interested in the H1 processor and apple ecosystem integration

leninmac likes this.
  5. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Sure. But it's anywhere near the Airpod's sound quality, I'll pass. ;)

6. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

For my use case, which is going to be for sports and workouts, I'd gladly sacrifice some fidelity in favor of convenience and reliability of operation. To each his own. ;)

I have other, more appropriate audio equipment for my audiophile urges.

leninmac likes this.
  7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I am still bothered by the fact that these AirPods don’t exactly fit right in my ears and tend to fall off even when I just wak around fir a few steps. No amount of putting them in place can correct their fit.

Of course even the original Earpods were of the same fit and were as worse as the AirPods. Never bothered with them except to keep them in the box they came with the IPhone and iPod.

Now if the rumored Powerbeats are going to replace the Airpods then maybe we can take a second look at them.

8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

In terms of sound quality and ease of use, the middle ground is really the Jabra elite 65t. I used to have the active version of that, only diff is the waterproofness and that had a solid sq as far as wireless goes. Based on personal experience, its definitely above the airpods (first gen), jaybirds X3 and beats x. (though beats x is most comfortable and the necklace design is great for travel and commute).
    The Jabra 65t Usage is simple too just like my airpods, its actually more convenient in my use case scenario since it automatically pairs to the last two devices you used, so its always connected on my ipad pro and iphone xs max the moment i pull them out of the case. I recently sold it though since i'm eyeing the sennheiser momentum true wireless and that one is a bit too pricey so cant justify having it and the jabra 65t at the same time, but if i had money to burn, would have kept the jabra. The sennheiser version seems iffy with its software and not as solid as the jabra but SQ is top in its class based on reviews and since i value sq will check that out. If it doesnt pan out, will likely go back and get myself a 65t hehe... But will still get the airpods 2 hehe, just to complete the apple setup and check out the improvements over the first gen i had.

shaft and bee11 like this.
  9. jomarr

jomarr Member

Hi! How are the Galaxy Buds? I'm considering them as well.

Thanks!

10. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

upload_2019-3-28_10-1-43.png

see you next week.

denpacs likes this.
  11. speeds

speeds Active Member

AJT has it now. 13,500 for the wireless case.

shootertwist likes this.
  12. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Rape price

13. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

Case only? Or for the airpod with a wireless case?

14. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

First of all, I’m not endorsing them.
    And I think their price is still quite so high.
    Maybe I can still wait a month or 2 for it to officially release here. (y)

6A81DA22-30FB-4C08-B6A6-3993AFBBCC82.jpeg

15. shootertwist

2k premium, not bad i guess if you really want it so bad hehe beats having to go to hk to get one hehe...

potpot2 likes this.
  16. shootertwist

17. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

It seems the reviewer didn't know the predecessor to the Galaxy Buds as some features she wanted were present in the previous model, the Gear IconX 2018. I owned a pair of Gear IconX 2018 buds before and comparing it to the Galaxy buds, the previous gen had better controls and user experience. What Samsung did this year was to make the form factor smaller, and primarily more comfortable to wear. With the smaller form factor, the buds have a smaller battery capacity, lesser ambient sound performance, lesser touch controls, and lesser call quality.

18. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

If you’re planning to get the New Airpods, i suggest you save money by getting the one with no wireless charging case as it charges ever so slowly wirelessly. I should have heed the review i read regarding how slow its wireless charging is, but i still decided to go for the one with wireless charging. Regretting it now as i still prefer to charge via lightning after waiting for it to charge wirelessly for a long time.

19. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

Is it true that wireless charging causes the device to heat up more than wired charging which is not good for the lifespan of the battery?

20. racz41

racz41 Member

It's the first time I've heard of this issue but I think it is possible.

It is a well known fact that wireless charging generates heat and that heat is bad for the overall health of batteries.

But I'm sure that Apple has already given this thought and they won't release a product without thoroughly testing it for long term use.

Maybe someone who has charged their Airpods wirelessly can chime in regarding heat generated.