AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Nope. I just took the charging case and use my old airpods. The new airpods are just in the box. Kaya worried ako if ok s'ya to keep it as it is or if not, I shall offer it to anyone who is interested.

2. teleclem

teleclem Member

Would've bought it when I thought I lost my Right airpod. Luckily found it lying on a hallway.

Yeah, only Powermac sells them separately I think. I inquired na rin when I thought I lost it. They also told me these were on an order basis.

3. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

I've had mine since January 2017 and my pair can still hold enough charge to keep me occupied while waiting at the airport for about 3 hours

mrkcee likes this.
  4. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Anyone knows where to find an elago silicone case here in the Philippines. I only found one seller in lazada but only two colors are available. I am hoping to find other color options.

5. zChris

zChris Active Member

This was just the question I wanted to ask when I checked out this thread.

I use my AirPods mainly for conference calls and have noticed that battery life has decreased severely. I get the low battery tone about an hour into using a fully charged pair of the earbuds and they die about an hour or less later.

I love the AirPods but this battery life thing is kind of bummer considering that these things are not cheap.

Seems too that others are suffering the same battery life degradation over time.

6. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

is it even possible to have the battery replaced? if yes i wonder how much is it

7. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

My Airpods is over a year old and can still last more than 4 to 5 hours of continuous use.

8. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I got lucky when Beyond the Box replaced my AirPods earlier this year. I hopped inside hoping to get a battery replacement (for a fee), but I somehow ended up getting the replacement for free. No defect present other than the battery had already gone through many charge cycles that consequently contributed to the poor battery life.

I only found out later through a friend that battery replacement isn't supposed to be free unless there's a defect. Battery replacement is pretty straightforward: under warranty, they just hand you a new pair at $49 each. Otherwise it's $69, the same price quoted should you misplace your pair. You might as well purchase a new pair at that price point.

AirPods Service and Repair Policy:
    Reason for edit: Added Apple's policy.

#728 Edelheid, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  9. nwinter

nwinter Member

Even though Apple did not launch the Airpods 2 in their October 30 event, there's still hope that we'll see the upgraded model in late November or early December this year. New Airpods models (A2031 and A2032) recently showed up in the Bluetooth SIG regulatory database last Nov 1.

The first model was added to the same database on November 20, 2016, and Apple launched it on December 13, 2016.

ronnel0918 likes this.
  10. ventan

ventan New Member

I'm experiencing the same. Mine can only hold up to less than an hour (usual music app listening/bought last april2017). What was the reason behind? is there any other issues with the battery? I guess, BTB won't cover the expense of replacing it for free if apple didn't have a recall or a free-replacement program. What do you think? TIA.

11. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

BT 5.0 will fix all these issues like battery life and longevity issues.

If we can get 7-8 hours from the new version, 5 hours after 2 years of use and 3 hours after another 2 years, it makes it more sulit.

12. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

13. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

Then use BDO Visa to get additional 20% discount. :)

Catch the BDO Visa Gadget Sale at the Lazada Shopping Festival on NOV 11! Get extra 20% or up to P5,000 off on gadgets, TVs and accessories for a min spend of P3,000 at https://bit.ly/2PcWO6t . Use promo code BDOVISA1111, valid for one-time use only. Visit bit.ly/2018bdovisagadgetsale2 for T&Cs. DTI18234

14. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

15. ronnel0918

Hindi siya tumagal. :ROFLMAO:

upload_2018-11-11_0-10-56.png

raypin likes this.
  16. mauwrr

mauwrr Active Member

Ambilis! Been trying to snag this one. Grabe 12:01 pa lang ata wala na kaagad.

17. ronnel0918

Naabutan ko siya actually na may stocks pa. :LOL:

18. mauwrr

mauwrr Active Member

Nakalagay siya sa cart ko actually. And then noong ichecheck out ko na siya, nagkakaerror ang system nila. Noong nirefresh ko na para sa payment, out of stock na siya. Talo ata ako sa pabilisan ng pindot. Hahaha. Daming nakaabang din siguro. :LOL:

Sunil_K likes this.
  19. philkeely

philkeely Member

Has anyone resolved the decreasing left airpod battery issue? I'm getting so frustrated over this. I can't listen to my music like I used to before. :(

20. racz41

racz41 Member

I know someone who bought around 15 pcs from Lazada just to resell them...