AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. amadz72

amadz72 New Member

Thank you.

2. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

Guaranteed authentic by Lazada or your money back. And yes, Lazada is an official Apple reseller. This is even cheaper than buying in the US so it's an irresistible deal for me. 2nd hand AirPods (though a bit gross lol) are still selling from 6K-7.5K.

Been thinking about buying one for a couple of months already so I finally pulled the trigger when Lazada re-stocked today.

raypin and shaft like this.
  3. nwinter

nwinter Member

I’m also eyeing to buy a second pair of airpods soon and the price from Lazada is very tempting. Maybe Apple is using such channels to quickly reduce their inventory?

But I’ll probably hold off until the rumored October event by Apple. There’s still a chance that we might see updated airpods in that event.

4. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I've been using my AirPods like it's my lifeline that battery for it has become abysmal. Even the charging case can now only achieve two full charges at most?

I don't think I can wait anymore if the rumoured keynote later this month doesn't bring anything new to the AirPods. :LOL:

5. extremeshot

Well that was quick. Ordered from Lazada yesterday and delivered today around noon. Sealed and legit!

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 1.15.56 PM.png

6. mrkcee

mrkcee New Member

For those who own and are using the AirPods for more than a year now, how's the battery life? I'm planning to buy one if the updated version will not be announced in the upcoming October event.

7. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

Can't believe someone bought my Airpods which I used for at least 10 months. The main reason I sold it was to dispose it while it holds any value before battery degradation. I bought a new one after I sold my old pair. If Apple will release new Airpods this October, we can expect them to be available here by Jan-Feb 2019 so I'm still good using this and sell later on if there are new compelling features. But so far, gen-1 Airpods are too good already. Best purchase!

8. mree

mree Active Member

For casual listening, one full charge of AirPods is more than enough. I usually end up with, at least, half of the charge before I get tired of listening.

But the battery of my AirPods have degraded overtime. It can now only hold somewhere 96-99% as a full charge. Then the battery case somewhere between 95-98% full charge. Had mine since January of 2017. Still not bad if you ask me. I will definitely get the next iteration and will keep the current one. I can't imagine selling a used pair.

#708 mree, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  9. mrkcee

mrkcee New Member

That’s good to hear. Do stores allow to fit/try the airpods? Might visit some of our APR shops this weekend.

10. extremeshot

I haven't seen a store with a demo unit yet and probably for good reasons (hygiene, and can easily get lost/stolen unless you secure them w/c defeats the purpose of the wireless experience) . They pretty much fit like the wired EarPods. If you have a defective EarPods, cut the wires - that will give you a pretty good approximation of the fit :D.

bacchus_3, mrkcee and potpot2 like this.
  11. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

After almost a year of use I can say they drain a bit faster now. From 5 hrs for the airpods to 3 hrs. And I need to remind myself to charge the case from time to time unlike before where I only need to charge it a few times per week when I'll remember it. LOL

This is the main reason a bought a new pair and sold my old one. This device is easily disposable, I think after two years battery life would suffer drastically wherein you can't able to enjoy a good hour of use.

mrkcee likes this.
  12. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Well-Known Member

^^They ‘feel’ they drain a lot because I use them a lot more these days than one year ago. I’m still at awe with the quick 15-minute charge I get from the Airpod case.

13. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

my May 2017 unit is still going strong. 4 hours of use after removing from case. Not bad. The left one is draining faster than the right. Dunno why, i don’t use mine one at a time.

14. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

Yeah, this is kind of annoying also but I guess it's just what it is.

15. Tampy

Tampy New Member

Ano po magandang case nito and san nakakabili?

16. mr.butch

mr.butch Member

My new pair got delivered today. Also from Lazada. Irresistible yung P1,200 discount (o sayang marupok lang talaga ako).

extremeshot likes this.
  17. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Hi guys. I have extra airpods, both left and right. Is it ok to leave it uncharged? I just needed the charging case. When I inquired with Power Mac before, the case is P4000 with 3-month warranty. So is the airpod, P4000 each. Si I decided to buy the whole set instead of ordering the case only.

18. Leeger

Leeger Well-Known Member

It is not a good practice to leave devices that has lithium ion battery uncharged for a long period of time as it will negativey affect the battery’s ability to hold a charge. You might just wanna look for second hand cases. Sayang din kasi yung other pair mo.

19. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Yun nga raw. I'm thinking of selling both airpods sana. If anyone's interested, send me a PM. Thanks.

20. p.pipster

p.pipster Well-Known Member

^ do those things work without their charging case??