AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Will get a new one and keep the new airpods instead. Most probably mawawala ko yun isa sa gamit ko.

2. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Alternatively, you can wait for the Qi wireless charging case that Apple teased last Sept.

nyao0124 likes this.
  3. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

I'm thinking about it as well or wait for the release of Airpods 2 if they are going to, pero my daily routine is already tied up with my Airpods (the daily commute or walk in the park). I have Sudio Tre Bluetooth headset but the difference of ease of use and sound are way different than the Airpods.

rabby likes this.
  4. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

Lost my first pair of airpods at the gym. :( Be careful with your airpods if it gets paired to a new device, Find My iPhone wouldn't be able to find it.

Now I'm on my second pair and i bought a silicone case for it with a carabiner so i can easily hook it to my bag or keychain, hopefully I wouldn't lose it again.

Also found this simple airpods hack/tip on youtube. I tried it and it provides the airpods a more secure fit, it improves the sound quality, and it still fits on the case .

rabby likes this.
  5. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

^^Yup! Did that and shared that a couple of posts ago.
    Aside from the fit, the SQ gets a quality bump too.

6. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

^^Are these flexi rubber pod wrappers or the common foam ones? I can’t tell feom the video

7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

8. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

8575828C-FE5D-4933-9FD7-D7EABDFF7347.jpeg
    Bought a pair of this at Lazada.

PS: my brother is wearing it so i can take a picture

9. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

What is this called in lazada

10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

11. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Meet my new fling, my second set of AirPods this month (still sealed in the box below), because my previous fling (AirPods show in the iPad photo) was stolen.

New Airpods.jpg

Well, I forgot her in a restaurant abroad (it can happen; white case on white table cloth). I came back 15 minutes later and the waiters pretended they never saw it—that in spite of only two tables being occupied the whole time we were there. I rummaged thru the garbage, but nada. I've heard of countless stories of lost items that remained untouched, unmoved and recovered in Japan. Alas, this was a Chinese restaurant in another country. (First, the Chinese will steal Airpods; then, they'll build airfields on stolen islands.) ;)

This is a story of true loves and fubus. After I lost fubu #1 (first AirPods), I used my true love (my custom in-ear monitors, aka CIEM) during the day-after commute. I was reminded why my CIEM remained my true love—they are still the best (well, most expensive too) in-ear pieces I have ever owned. I consoled myself with the consuelo-de-bobo that I did not lose my true love, which I appreciated anew. Alas, she's not meant for fubu use; not for daily abuse. So like a D.O.M. bar-hopping on Quezon Avenue :D, I splurged for a replacement fubu. :)

This time I intend to keep her, hopefully longer than my previous fling. So much so that I invested in this:

[​IMG]
    I usually like her nude, but I wanted her to look and feel different from the last one, so silicone enhancements. :)

And that clingy hooker. :D

12. mmanson

mmanson Member

I just lost my right airpod :( are there any sellers who sell just the right airpod? hehehe

13. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

I havent confirmed it but these airpods will probably work with their original pair only.

14. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

When you quickly seek out to buy another pair, that's how you know they got you hooked. I quickly reserved for a new pair too when my old one was damaged. I had to use wired earpods for THREE WEEKS! THREE WEEKS! It's not quite the same going back.

potpot2 and Sunil_K like this.
  15. mmanson

mmanson Member

aww thanks for that info sir!

16. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

i don't think so - because apple does sell replacement left/right only pods. i would think (in theory, haven't lost an airpod yet) you just have to put both pods in the case and re-pair them to your phone.

Marrisonbethan likes this.
  17. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

In a parallel universe, this morning my dog ate one pair of my wife's AirPod…

My son is still waiting for him to poop.

My wife will find this out, so I ordered a new one.

Now what to do with the other pair?

Jess, kyubi, rbenzon and 1 other person like this.
  18. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Haha. Shit happens.

Use it to listen to K-Pop, so your wife won’t blame your dog for the shitty sound. :)

hitme64 likes this.
  19. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

I inquired this with PMC Service Center and an Airpod will cost us P4000+. And it only has 3-month warranty. If it is still in your budget, get another pair. Keep the other extras in case you lost another piece again (that's what I did because of the great chances of losing one of the pods) or sell it to those who are in need.

20. extremebluemagic

extremebluemagic Well-Known Member

P140

Safe now from scratches and from falling...
    upload_2018-6-5_12-41-58.jpeg

kyubi likes this.