AirPods

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Dekra, Sep 8, 2016.

1. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

Yup, that’s possible, though it’s not super convenient. Like when i’m working out while using the workout app on the apple watch, i have to switch to the now playing app to adjust the volume and that’s pretty inconvenient to do, especially if your hands are already sweaty. In addition there are times when i don’t wear my apple watch, adjusting the volume is not as convenient when you have to reach for your phone. The airpods could’ve been perfect if they added swipe gestures for volume control and whatnot. But don’t get me wrong it’s just a minor flaw for me, and overall i’m still happy with my purchase. It’s the most comfortable earphones i’ve used (more comfortable than the earpods, the jaybird x2, the bose QC35), and the sound quality is good enough for me.

denzzurcaled and mokmoki like this.
  2. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

I bought it at Power Mac Center in SM Marikina for P8990. :)

rabby likes this.
  3. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

AFAIK, You can set up the watch to automatically show the now playing content of your iPhone whenever there is media playing (volume control is included in this feature). I turned mine off because it's annoying esp if you aren't using the Airpods anyway and the controls still show up because I'm watching something on Safari.

4. denzzurcaled

denzzurcaled Member

I also turned off mine.

It is in the Apple Watch App / General / Wake Screen / Auto-launch Audio Apps.

5. nyao0124

nyao0124 Member

Got my Airpod Case from Shopee. It's just a knock off of the Catalyst but I got mine for less than P200.

Attached Files:

denzzurcaled likes this.
  6. tinmuning

tinmuning Active Member

Finally bought one after all my earphones/headphones were swiped by the husband and daughter. Got the last one from Switch UP Town Center. After seeing my new toy, my daughter said. "Enjoy it while you can," knowing that soon after either she or her dad will get to use it as if it's their own.

#606 tinmuning, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    rdy0329, jayparalejas and Sunil_K like this.
  7. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

^I understand how you feel :unsure: it happens to me often!

rdy0329 and tinmuning like this.
  8. rdy0329

I let my family members know they’ll lose a hand or two trying to use my stuff this is more on because of sanitary concerns though.

Been using it @ the gym for a while now. Apple Watch + Airpods is my new favorite combo. Leaving my phone in the car or at the locker helps me concentrate better. Before, I’d be notification-obsessed because I want to put off doing another set.

mokmoki and Sunil_K like this.
  9. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

Mine's turned on and for some weird reason if the workout app is running the default screen would always be the workout app, not the now playing app.

10. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

True I use my Airpods , Samsung Gear Sport and Spotify for my gym listening needs , While the phone is in the locker. Offline bliss

11. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

same. bringing my Apple Watch + Airpods out on a run is a godsend. it makes me feel a little bit safer (wouldn't want to get mugged with my iPhone X in tow), and makes me concentrate better on the run itself.

12. ramil

ramil Active Member

If I use my Apple Watch and Airpods without my iPhone, is it possible to listen to music using Spotify? Or, do I need to use Apple Music for that?

13. rdy0329

Currently, you'll need apple music. On the Watch App > Music, you can choose to sync which playlist to load onto your 8GB storage. It'll automatically update whenever you charge your watch overnight. Quite seamless tbh.

My favorite loaded playlists are: Pure Cardio, Pop Workout and A-List: Pop. Controls you've set up using your iPhone will also work with the watch on AirPods. Example, I've set mine to skip track when I double tap my right AirPod so I'll never skip a beat :ROFLMAO:

ramil likes this.
  14. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Hopefully apple watch supports spotify x airpods.

Just got my earpods. Pasalubong from my client. Its ok still tinkering with it was hoping it has basic volume down/up next track / prev track gestures

Attached Files:

15. rdy0329

You can program what double taps will do on your left and right buds. Just go to Bluetooth settings on your iPhone.

16. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Yup figured it out. thanks. airpods just ok

17. extremebluemagic

extremebluemagic Well-Known Member

Got my 2nd airpods...free if you get a iPhone X with 18/24 months package...

The 1st one was sold to a friend here...

This time for keeps na...

[​IMG]

18. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

swerte, naka 24months plan ako sa SMART got nothing but a sad crumpled smart paperbag they used to put the iPhone Box in when they delivered it to my house

19. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

curious, where did you get this promo?

20. extremebluemagic

extremebluemagic Well-Known Member

I'm from the Kingdom of Bahrain. It's a promotional offer from 1 of the 3 biggest telecom here in the KOB.

iPhone X 64GB + Apple Airpods*

yan po ang offer...no Upfront if 24 Months...1 month DP lang ang kailangan...sayang din kasi mejo mahal ang airpods ei...

Yung 1st airpods ko naman, nakuha ko siya free din nung Nov.3 launching ng iPhone X...yung 1st 20 customers may free airpods...kay pumila ako daling araw palang hahaha....

mokmoki likes this.