AirPods Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by snipes, Oct 29, 2019.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...you need better seal. Watch for Comply to release its own eartips for the APP.

2. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

haha they are really loud behind me while on the phone... i cant hear other ppl around me.

raypin likes this.
  3. raypin

Mm....I can identify with that. Same experience during my cruise from HK. Ingay...sobra. Even on the damn elevator where the etiquette is to stfu.

Dipp and shaft like this.
  4. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I wish I knew about noise cancelling existing before my tinnitus got worse. :LOL: I embraced the bad habit of amping up the volume (for as much as the software allows) of my ear buds in noisy environments and now my ears are paying dearly for it.

I plan to grab one of these and see how my ear likes them. I was never really a fan of silicone ear tips, so it will be interesting to see if this will change my opinion of them.

Sunil_K and ronjet like this.
  5. raypin

Mm....I have mild tinnitus. It comes and goes. Sometimes, it is so bad that I have to listen to anti-tinnitus tracks to make it through the night. Been mindful ever since of the volume output when listening through headphones or in-ears. To check, I use the sound meter app of the Apple Watch.

Sunil_K and Edelheid like this.
  6. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

i got an extra airpods pro from my preorder. just send me a PM if anyone wants one.

ment likes this.
  7. lennytan

lennytan Active Member

I currently have a power beats pro and just recently purchased the airpods pro. Is it just me that it seems that the sounds is much crisp, clear and more base sound on the powerbeats pro? Seams like the sound is much better on the powerbeats pro for me.

8. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

It’s not only you. There’s a different vibe using the Powerbeats Pro than the APP. I still use the former when am out brisk walking or even driving. I get more clarity in the sound with the PP. And not to rain on anyone’s parade, but noise cancellation is only good for me in a crowded, noisy room. Most often, I am alone or everyone else is quiet and has something more to do, so it really doesn’t matter at all.

9. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

i also have both, i wouldnt say “better” for me but the bass on the powerbeats pro is indeed “fuller” while the airpods pro has a more balanced sound... the powerbeats pro has a slight emphasis on bass (but not the usual pre-apple beats bass that overpowers the highs and mids) that’s why i think its better for workouts, nothing beats a thumping bass when you are working out

jologs likes this.
  10. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

I just received my Lazada order for one of those generic silicone APP cases and it's... really... fugly.

The material is twice as thick as what I was used to when I had my Catalyst case for AirPods 2nd gen. Result is a really big bulge when placed in my pocket like a large rock.

The fit isn't snug at all. it's loose in some places, specially the top cap/cover.

And to make matters worse, the seller shipped me one that's color white, opposite of the black color I ordered.

This is one of those classic cases (pun intended) where these China-type mass-producing sellers bring out something very early in the market but the quality is meh.

But stuck with this until better (branded) options arrive online and/or locally. Even Amazon hasn't listed any noticeably good ones except the Spigen cases which don't ship out until December 6

raypin likes this.
  11. Thero0kie05

Thero0kie05 Member

Just want to ask if this is normal for the APP when you remove and put them back in the case. Flashing red..

Attached Files:

#151 Thero0kie05, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  12. hitme64

This happened once with the AP 2nd Gen. what I did was to re-charge the case overnight and see if the flashing red disappears by morning. Well, it did and never came back. Didn’t bother reading online discussions, if any, about the issue.

13. Thero0kie05

Thero0kie05 Member

Thanks. Saw an article showing solutions. Just had it reset and looks like it’s ok now. Maybe just a glitch.

hitme64 likes this.
  14. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

Got the AirPods Pro here in Canada, including taxes it's about Php 13,300 converted. Definitely cheaper than in the PH. Will try it out over the weekend for some intense listening doing cardio.

15. wewen17

wewen17 Active Member

How’s the APP compare to Bose QC35/Soundsport and B&O E8 true wireless in terms of bass? Sorry if the comparison is too limited.

16. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

17. ment

ment Member

How was the ANC performance, and in-ear wearing comfort?

Is it lighter than those like Sony WF1000XM3

18. hitme64

My wife just lost her right AirPods Pro earpiece somewhere between the car, the grocery, and the resto where we bought lunch. Since there is no sign of it in the car it’s probably between Unimart and Sentro 1771 right smack in busy Meralco Avenue in Pasig. So, so long you damn right earpod. Wonder how we’re going to claim warranty on this now.

Well, she’s back to her 2nd gen AirPods which she now says is a better fit for her. Tsk tsk mental note not to bother replacing that lost earpiece. :LOL:

Sunil_K, bacchus_3 and raypin like this.
  19. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

When will the local authorized dealers get stock?

20. Cruncher

Cruncher New Member

Inbox said they will get them in December.

I got my pair now trought FB Marketplace. The Seller was a Guy who has relatives in HK. I paid 15K for a Pair.

Hero33 and raypin like this.