AirPods Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by snipes, Oct 29, 2019.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

I dont mind a black airpods pro, i dont care if other people think they are fakes haha, i dont buy apple stuff to impress people, i buy them cause they are the best in their product category, (though admittedly a bit overpriced haha) but yeah i know of many people who buy apple stuff and dont even know the features they are getting, but hey to each his own :)

Going back to the airpods pro, just read in some local fb audio groups that some are criticizing it for its audio quality then comparing the price that you can get na daw with this or that kind of wired headphones... some really just don;t get it, apple isn't aiming for the best in SQ but the best all around device, besides if you are getting wireless and you are into audio, you already know there's an instant degradation in quality with going wireless though wireless has been slowly improving especially with the LDAC and APTX HD... i was tempted to join in on the discussion but some where bragging about their KZ and other chi-fi products that's a better buy than the airpods pro daw so i figured why waste my time, ignorance is bliss haha

raze19, pennylane, teleclem and 2 others like this.
  2. jhunatsituab

jhunatsituab Member

Finally got my pair today after a week of waiting.

Attached Files:

3. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Anyone here can confirm if the airpods pro do not have a touch interface for volume control?

4. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

No volume control on the Airpods Pro. You need to use Siri or on your device to adjust the volume.

Ghibli and jhunatsituab like this.
  5. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Or your Apple Watch...

jhunatsituab likes this.
  6. gxy22

gxy22 New Member

Just got the Airpods Pro. Amazing stuff!

raypin likes this.
  7. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Kinda disappointing that for that premium price, you have to use your phone or watch to adjust the volume. All other wireless earbuds allow volume adjustments with the use of the earbuds themselves.

8. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Finally completed my "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" test. Passed with flying planes and flying colors. :)

Between my custom IEM and the Pro, I am guessing that the APP NC attenuates noise by nearly 30 decibels, roughly as effective as my noise-isolating CIEM. APP NC did a better job of suppressing low–mid frequencies of the noise, whereas CIEM performed better at suppressing high frequencies—but that was rendered moot and mute when music plays. The battery lasted the entire 3.5-hour flight, with no low-batt warnings.

But my favourite Apple feature is noise-cancelling those who rant about something they never bought. ;)

raze19, kyubi, shootertwist and 6 others like this.
  9. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

The Sony WF-1000MX3s that most reviews claim to be the current best among true wireless earbuds--that is, before the APPs--also have a premium price and don't have volume control as well. I have the Sonys and while it may be a minor inconvenience I usually just set the volume setting at most once per listening session (and often I don't even touch the volume setting, it's already at my preferred listening volume) and that's it. I'm guessing that would be the same case for most APP users.

#129 gaol, Nov 10, 2019 at 8:54 AM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 8:59 AM
    rdy0329, hitme64 and Ghibli like this.
  10. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

I adjust the volume based on the current circumstances routinely, If there is a need to increase/decrease my awareness of the surroundings or someone is to strike a conversation, I adjust the volume accordingly. It's just more convenient to adjust controls using your earbuds, rather than reach for another connected device to control the volume of your earbuds. I forgot about the Sony, not having earbuds volume control in its interface. It's not a deal breaker for me honestly, but out of all the wireless earbuds that I owned, powerbeats pro, sennheiser, bose soundsport free, all have somehow retained its volume control functionality in its earbuds, and I find its minor feature to be convenient and useful.

gaol and hitme64 like this.
  11. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

BDD38043-E7A1-457B-958C-273938277C3D.jpeg
    Bought these rubber tips for my AirPods 2 from Lazada for ฿161 (approx. ₱268) including shipping fee to ward off the urge to buy the AirPods Pro, for now. I call them my AirPods Semi Pro. Passive isolation is actually pretty decent.

#131 amieldh, Nov 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 3:25 PM
    shaft, raze19, Sunil_K and 2 others like this.
  12. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Aside from those sold online, any cases out there for the Airpods Pro? I'm waiting for the Spigen cases as they look like they'll be the first branded cases to hit locally, but I really prefer the sleeve-type like my previous Catalyst case for Airpods 2

hitme64 likes this.
  13. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Only when you have one and tested it fully do you realize what you were missing in the first place. I admit I was skeptical at first but for now who gives a shit about APPs lacking this and that and not up to standards of other wireless earphones. You’ll have to wear it to believe it.

And yeah, it does cancel out all the noise from not only ranters of the device but the angas and entitled mousey brats that have somehow “invaded” this forum with their better opinions and condescending tones. We leave it up to you @rbenzon to smoothen the way. (y)

raze19, lsalapare, bacchus_3 and 2 others like this.
  14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....kirf (keeping it real fake):

A 40 dollar turd...

:ROFLMAO:

15. teleclem

teleclem Member

Some shops in Robinsons Manila had it kanina. I was going to get a couple for the family but they asking for a 2k premium (17k each).

Just in case someone nearby wants one asap.

16. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

the APP was available already in colorware so i tried it out.. getting them in black. This is how it looks :/ panda.

Just coloring the buds (without coloring the case) is $389. If you color the case too, it bumps up to $439

DC468A30-DBCA-492A-93D7-784D724C0407.jpeg

[​IMG]

#136 Sunil_K, Nov 10, 2019 at 7:31 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 7:38 PM
    Dipp, hitme64, rbenzon and 1 other person like this.
  17. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...kasing color ng helmet mo (Darth Vader). Nice.....

binabayaran dyan yun high quality painting and worksmanship.

Sunil_K likes this.
  18. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

im willing to pay the price. Just wish the ear tips were black too.

AVG, raypin and hitme64 like this.
  19. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

My sentiments exactly. Looks kinda out of place the white eartips. Don’t worry, use it everyday, don’t clean it out, it might get to that black color in a few :ROFLMAO:

20. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

noise cancelling has no match for the mainlander talking earlier......... hay

eag, Sunil_K, potpot2 and 1 other person like this.