AirPods Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by snipes, Oct 29, 2019.

1. ericb

ericb Active Member

2. Euphoricemanuel

Euphoricemanuel New Member

Hi, has anyone experienced getting a robotic voice when you use your APP for calls in general (chat apps like Messenger, Telegram, etc) and when you record your own voice in Voice Memos on Mac? I've been having this problem ever since I got my APP. Is there any fix for this?

3. gino0112

gino0112 Member

This is normal. If you use the mic on your Airpods (or any BT headset), it will use the headset profile (poor audio quality). But when you stop using the mic of the BT headset, it will revert back to A2DP which gives high quality audio playback.

It's a limitation of Bluetooth.

4. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

With the AirPods and AirPods Pro dropping down to their lowest prices this past Black Friday, I think Apple will release their new wireless headphones very soon. Tech sites report that Apple is confirmed to launch a product next week and it could very well be the new wireless headphones.

5. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Will PMC service centers require proof of purchase/receipts for you to avail of the Airpods Pro Service program? I'm experiencing these noisy static issues already :unsure:

6. rjsebs

rjsebs New Member

Depends on the branch I think but most of the ones I contacted don't have an immediate replacement option and the waiting time is around 1-2 months. And you have to surrender your current pair so I don't know if that's advisable.

7. Shinahashirome

Thanks! reached out to QCD and they advised me to set an appointment for the replacement. Waiting for an open schedule as of the moment.

8. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

Bought a pair during Lazada sale 12.12 for about 10k from authorized reseller. Trying out ACN while sleeping but I guess my ears are not accustomed to APP yet so not too comfy trying to sleep with it on but the amount of noise (I still hear a faint hum from my very noisy electric fan) it blocks out even with no music playing is remarkable.

9. philkeely

philkeely Active Member

Hi guys! I am planning to buy an Airpods Pro - is this the right time for it? I’m afraid that Apple will release a new gen soon though what I read is that it’s for the normal Airpods with no ANC but has the pro design.

10. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

Yeah rumors are it'll be AP3 with similar dedign to APP, and no ANC. For me ANC is really worth it so I'd go for APP though we cannot discount possibility of APP2 in yhe future but not anytime soon I think.

APP's still selling for 12,120 on BtB store in Lazada. Not sure though if same price at physical store. Sold out from store I bought from Whitehaus which was selling it for 11.5k and at the time I had vouchers so I got it for even less. I think it sells for about 10.5k in GH. In other authorized retailer in Lazada it's back to 14990. There's another store there selling it for 11.9k but there's one negative review they received a rock.

11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

1. Mm..new gen Airpods Pro/Airpods are due 2021. Wait.

12. jmrtlara

jmrtlara Member

Just bought an Airpods pro last week, I'd say it's still worth it! :)

I've delayed myself long enough, couldn't hold back anymore, must have for working out and running. :D

jhonas015 and Silentwill like this.
  13. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Keep us posted. I “think” I am also hearing the static sounds on my APP. Bought this Dec 2019. Thanks

14. jologs

jologs Active Member

Do you guys sanitize your airpods with alcohol?

I think it might be causing a chemical reaction with the plastic that's giving me allergies.

15. l7224

l7224 Active Member

I use the BENCH Alcogel Clean Machines. It works well for me.

16. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

I just use cotton and alcohol

17. Shinahashirome

Same, I bought mine in Dec 2019. Having a difficult time finding an available date for an appointment though. I'll post updates here.

I just use wet wipes, then I place them in my UV sanitizer box.

eli71724 likes this.
  18. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Hello. Are the APP Ear Tips already available in Powermac? Haven't had a chance to visit since March 2020. Thanks!

19. Shinahashirome

update:

just went to mobilecare at podium via the appointment system in apple support (support.apple.com).

The staff checked my unit and made a service request. They said the airpods are eligible for replacement in 3-4 weeks but the charging case will not be serviced since it is also out of warranty. They will email me when the airpods are ready to be picked up.

The waiting game begins.

P.S. mobilecare (and powermac) only has a free 15 day claiming period from the time the device is available for pickup(they said it starts on the date they email you it’s available for pickup), after that you will be charged php1500 for the “storage fee”. And your device will be disposed of if unclaimed after 90 days.

eli71724 likes this.
  20. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Mind sharing how they tested the airpods and determined that they were indeed eligible for replacement? I’ve been experiencing the static problem on the right ear buds only, will they replace both? Thank you