AirPods Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by snipes, Oct 29, 2019.

1. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Thanks! :)

2. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Turned over my crackling APP last August 15 . I recently received an update that they will replace both defective buds. But will take two weeks.

3. vincer

vincer Active Member

4. OhYeah

OhYeah Active Member

Where did you send it?

5. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

You guys should try the spatial audio on iOS 14. It really sounds like magic, with how they were able to simulate voices coming from the front and background audio coming from around, on just two small earbuds. Just ensure you have the latest firmware on your Airpods Pro, then choose any show on Apple TV+ or any iTunes movie with Dolby Atmos.

Surprisingly though, this is only compatible with the newer iPhones and iPads, but not the Apple TV 4k, which I find weird, because who watches full movies on an iPhone these days?

Shinahashirome and shaft like this.
  6. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Spatial audio also works with Disney+ and HBO Max.

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

btb bgc. The replacement was released last tues

8. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

The automatic switching feature is a game-changer for me. You press play on any iOS 14 device straight away, and you hear it right away. It feels just like magic!

rdy0329 and amieldh like this.
  9. marvin_net

marvin_net Active Member

Hi.. i am hearing crackling sound on my left APP whenever i use it for meetings, although i only hear it when ever i talk. So i think the microphone is busted. Went to Powermac Robinsons Magnolia and was advised to go to Greenhills or SM Annex to have it checked.

However...i bought this in Walmart last year. Was advised that Powermac only supports Asian units. Is this true?
    Do i have an alternative shop where i can have this checked?

Thanks in advance!

10. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

Will have mine also checked for warranty. Noticed the crackling sound when I went for a walk last Sunday. Turning off noise cancellation and transparency results in no cracks. Hopefully, Senco can request for replacements as soon as possible.

11. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Active Member

I love my AirPods Pro, but crackling, unfortunately, is a widespread issue. Update after update wouldn't fix them for many, so it seems like it's a hardware problem. It's likely the microphone that faces the inside of the ear (the one that the AirPods Pro use to adjust for sound quality, etc.). Try turning off Transparency and Noise Cancellation and see if it persists. If it does, your Pros likely need to be replaced.

Source: me, after two or three hour-long chats with Apple Support, and whose AirPods Pro have been with an Authorized Apple Service Center for a month now. :(

12. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

Well, used my Airpods pro before going to work earlier this morning, and noticed that there is a crackling sound with the left earbud that is intermittent, non-temporary and is more pronounced if the volume is louder. Cannot rectify the issue hence will bring it to an authorized service center. Shame that this unit was only 4 months old , barely used and is already having an issue. Fortunately, I still have my other wireless earbuds to use as spare.

13. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

guys, any suggestion on where to buy bnew and cheapeast price of airpods pro here in metro manila?

how much would it be?

14. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Active Member

Lowest i’ve seen is 10,800 at chrisgadgets

15. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

UPDATE: Apple via Powermac center just approved the replacement for my left airpod pro with the crackling issue. Replacement will be sent after 3-4 weeks. Hopefully the issue does not recur and does not happen to my right airpod pro.

16. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

same with my airpods pro - crackling sound on the left airpod.

It'll take to 3 to 4 weeks for the replacement though.