AirPods Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by snipes, Oct 29, 2019.

1. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Nope, none of it is true. They’re selling fakes.

raze19 likes this.
  2. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Partly from the ongoing promotions here in Singapore and writing based on experience, I guess many owners have sold their airpods pros after acquiring them thru apple education discount where a set is only S$140 if you choose to forego the free regular airpods or regular airpods with charging case for S$60. The buyer must purchase eligible Apple devices (in my case, the iPad Pro) to avail the promotion.

Image snapped from the Apple Education Store while purchasing the eligible device.
    Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 5.20.58 PM.png

Shinahashirome likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Thank you. Will QCD require proof of purchase? Or receipt?

4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

My wife’s APP just conked out yesterday, nearly 389 days since I bought it as a birthday gift to her. Comparatively, her original AirPods still works better and sounds crispier. I have yet to find the official receipt of the APP to ask WTH happened with the Apple reseller (the one in Solaire I think).

5. nwinter

nwinter Member

Was having intermittent connection issues with my APP so I brought the unit to QCD 1st week of July for warranty claim. Today, was able to get the replacement APP from QCD. Yey! Apple replaced both left and right airpods. The warranty claim took 4 weeks since the replacement unit had to be shipped from Singapore.

Just glad that the issue happened before the warranty expired :)

6. nwinter

nwinter Member

As with all Apple products, a receipt or proof of purchase is not required for warranty claim. All they check is the serial number of the device.

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

thank you. my first time.

8. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

raypin likes this.
  9. Euphoricemanuel

Euphoricemanuel New Member

Am I the only one who's having issues with the microphone when using the APP for telecons or phone calls? The mic quality sounds great when i'm indoors or when there's no significant background noise. But when i'm outside like on our balcony, people usually say that my sound quality is bad to inaudible. Is this because of the mic placement or bad noise filtering quality of the mics?

10. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

Anyone here having crackling issues with your airpods pro? Im having issues these issues already. Specially when im using the airpods pro to record my voice. Its so annoying.

11. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Are the sound quality of airpods 2nd gen and airpods pro are really that good?

cause im tempted to get either a jbl tune 120 or the jbl under armour (currently sale on lazada) hehe cause price wise both of these two products are below the price of both airpods...

12. jologs

jologs Active Member

My ears have developed a severe allergic reaction to the silicon tips of the PowerBeats Pro and the AirPods Pro rendering them unusable for me. Having done a Google search on the matter, it seems like there are a number of people are affected with the same problem as me and it has something to do with the specific material Apple uses on their in-ear tips and in the case of the PBP, the ear hooks as well.

Sold the PBP because of it but I want to keep the AirPods Pro so I ordered a set of Comply foam tips to hopefully get around the issue.

13. isaak

isaak Active Member

Question to those who experienced crackling sound. Do you experience it all the time? I experience it only at high volume level. Is this normal? Thanks

14. dendejr

dendejr Member

Mine started having crackling/static issues yesterday. Just on the right though and it only makes the crackling/static sounds when an outside sound passes on the external mic. Tried to troubleshoot it with an Apple customer service agent but to no avail. This will probably for replacement. Good thing it still under warranty.

Tried to do some research yesterday before talking to a CS agent and there are some reports of users having it even with a brand new one. Try to reach out to them thru the Apple website and see if they could fix it by troubleshooting. If not, then it'll also probably be for replacement. I hope they're still under warranty.

isaak and prof_er like this.
  15. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

brought mine to powermac. And its for replacement. Its a known issue for airpods pro users. Parang nagsisisi tuloy ako at airpods pro pa binili ko.

16. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Mine’s been with Powermac since July 16 due to crackling noise issue. Still waiting for its replacement. Both left and right airpods exhibited the issue. No problems in the first 3 months of usage. Problem started mid-March. Di ko maipasok sa PMC for warranty due to ECQ. Now, it’s almost a month na di ko magamit. I hope the replacement will no longer have the crackling issue til the warranty expires.

17. msgt16

msgt16 Member

UPDATE: Claimed my APP replacement awhile ago. It took 3 weeks before it was replaced. PMC's first notice went to my SPAM mail. Should've claimed last August 9. They also gave me 2 pairs of extra eartips. :)

prof_er and geraldo3 like this.
  18. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

This is good to know, I have an appointment with PMC to as my APP developed this issue also. Hopefully will get it as fast or earlier. :)

19. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

Did they replaced just the defective one or the entire thing (L+R Pod and charging case)?

20. msgt16

msgt16 Member

The issue occurs on both Airpods. They will get the Airpods plus the case and a technician will examine it. They will update you via email of the results whether both Airpods will be replaced. In my case, they changed both but retained the charging case.

geraldo3 likes this.