AirPods Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by snipes, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Cruncher

Cruncher New Member

I just landed from a long travel and was able to compare them to my Bose QC1 which I am using normally for my flights. I wanted to buy the XM3 From sony (Overear) but the Bose were good enough for me. Compared to the APP they are only a bit better. I think the newer generations of Overears are much better. But as soon as you hear Music or watch a TV Show you can barely hear anything around you.

I use my APP mostly für in Trains and Office so I am fine with them.

hitme64 likes this.
  2. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

sibilly likes this.
  3. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

I used silicone cases for my original Airpods and Airpods 2, both causing lots of scratches when lint/dust gets in between the case and the airpods. On the Airpods Pro I won't be using a case

4. sibilly

sibilly Active Member

yep! Im going for those as well

5. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Active Member

Noise canceling headphones/earphones are effective in blocking low range frequencies not so much in high frequencies.

lsalapare, rdy0329 and raypin like this.
  6. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

i guess that means its pretty much useless against a banshee screaming mrs on a nuclear meltdown :(

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  7. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

It works best with continuous droning sound. Simply, anything that it can anticipate for, it can cancel out 200x a second. Things like your home AC unit or a loud electric fan.

As I've tested out and about the ff: noise has been cancelled out by ANC & my rating for each scenario:

1. Airplane Engine (In-flight) -- Best application of ANC, as a light sleeper, I really appreciate the near-quiet effect it was able to achieve. 5/5
    2. Inside Public Transpo (Airports, Trains, Buses). -- Exception is those loud Jeepneys and Tricycles. 4/5
    3. Gym Class Music (still audible but no need to turn up my music's volume unlike my AirPods 2) 3/5
    4. Crowded Cafe - Works best if no one's talking loudly near you, just murmurs. 5/5
    5. Roadside noise - passing motor vehicles except trikes and jeeps. 4/5

Of course ANC can't anticipate loud conversations, Baby crying or a motorcycle with loud exhaust passing by. You have to rely on the ear tip for a snug seal (passive isolation).

It's no match for a group Titas at Starbucks. Although, i'd rather eavesdrop on their juicy housewife gossip. :ROFLMAO:

#207 rdy0329, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Sunil_K, nwinter, gaol and 2 others like this.
  8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

in my experience naman once music is playing na i dont hear the conversations anymore, maybe i just have a god seal, benefit of having big ears hehe

hitme64 likes this.
  9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

On the airplane back here, I could still hear the faint burr of the engines though. You can sleep on it and not hear nearby chatter but you can also end up without the food when the stewardesses serve them because, well, you can’t hear them say so.

One less benefit of ANC, while using it for running or brisk walking along a busy highway, may cause you to ignore incoming traffic, stupid Angkas cyclists, road rage-y doctors, accountants, and policemen :whistle: and truck drivers.

raypin likes this.
  10. rjsebs

rjsebs New Member

may way na ba to get applecare+ here in ph? just got my pro from a seller here and couldn't find links on apple ph site when i looked for it.

11. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

Exactly sir, that's why we "runners" always advise newbies to run against the traffic with or without earphones.

hitme64 likes this.
  12. cclozano

cclozano Member

Any update from local resellers on availability? Delivery dates on Apple site is now stretched to next year.

13. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

With reports of higher demand than expected, I wouldn't be surprised if launch for PH got moved and units allocated to existing launch countries. It's going to be a close one if they decide to launch before Christmas and don't expect them to be up on the shelves for long.

14. iGleam

iGleam New Member

I just got my Airpods Pro here in Thailand. I researched where I can get them cause I think the Apple store in IconSiam has limited stocks.

Got them from the AIS Shop in Siam Paragon. AIS is the equivalent of Globe here. I'm surprised that I got a 10% discount! This is because my tourist sim is from them so I'm qualified for the discount (I was actually requesting for a tourist tax refund, but a good lady from the shop said that they would give me 10% discount instead, since I just bought a sim from them). And it seems that they have a lot of stocks here.

From ฿ 9,490 to ฿ 8,541. ~ From almost 16k pesos to 14, 300++ Not bad.

raypin likes this.
  15. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

Got my AirPods Pro from my network provider here in NZ, 24 months to pay—-cost of 1 coffee per week.

Anyway I used to have one of those Sony headphones but alas I found that it didn’t fit my lifestyle/work routine so I sold that then waited and waited until Apple released a pair of wireless earphones that didn’t fall off my ears. :D

Since I haven’t owned one before I’m still learning and is slowly getting used to the controls... I am very happy though that it has a lightning/USB C cable! I don’t have to buy a fast charger for my phone. Parang dun ako pinakanatuwa haha

Happy camper here. Makakarami na uli ng playcount.

hitme64 and raypin like this.
  16. SizeJuan

SizeJuan New Member

I just came back from HK. They didn't have any stock on their store yet and their earliest shipping date was Jan 7 2020. Akala ko isa pa sila sa mga unang nagkakaron. Yun pa naman sana highlight ng trip namin. Oh well, will probably just wait here in PH.

17. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

APP readily available in Singapore Changi Jewel Apple Store. First time user coming from a variety of IEMs. Pleasantly surprised. Not the best sonically, but very convenient, comfortable and the ANC works.

18. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Where is the best place here in manila to buy the cheapest price of an airpod pro?

im still doubt about the ads of sales for the airpod pro this coming 12.12 in lazada..

19. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Active Member

AJT

20. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

For those who use airpods pro while running: How was it? Planning to upgrade my airpods. Thanx.