AirPods Max

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by denpacs, Dec 8, 2020.

1. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Aside from the weight difference, how would you compare the AirPods Max with the Sone XM4?

2. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Any update from local stores? very much tempted to buy one in greenhills at lower srp, just that I want to be sure of warranty that is why i am holding off...

3. shootertwist

Finally got mine!
    another great product from apple... but i’m afraid the high price might turn off many people and rightfully so it is on the expensive side compared to other similar offerings from sony and bose. I have been a sony xm user from 1-3 and love those cans but held off on the 4th gen after seeing apple released the airpods max. Its way way better than the Sony XM series, even the xm4 side by side. Not sure though if its twice as good if you consider that this is almost twice the price of the sony but definitely a marked improvement, should have gotten the airpods max sooner. Build quality is top notch, great balance on sq and noise cancelling is great too. If i have to nitpick its the fact that its on the heavy side, but after awhile you get used to it.

06E55E04-4DF8-4BB9-96EC-634D91FF7F79.jpeg

rdy0329, Silentwill, Hero33 and 5 others like this.
  4. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Until they enable Spatial Audio for Apple TV, I am holding off on this one. I can’t justify such an expensive purchase if I can’t experience surround sound on it. Yes, it works on an iPhone, but why would I watch a full movie on an iPhone when I have a 65” TV?

5. shootertwist

^there’s actually a workaround for that sir and i have tried it and works great but i must admit its better to just have it fully enabled on the apple tv 4k. Hopefully the next version of apple tv will.

update on the airpods max after a few days of use, the noise cancelling on this one is just bar none. A friend even brought his bose nc700 for comparison and the airpods max is clearly better... as it should given the high price haha... one other thing i noticed with the airpods max since i dont use the smart case at all in the house is that it barely eats up the battery when placed down. I dont use the smart case and overnight it just lost about 4% battery. Its a joy to use since unlike the airpods pro (which was already very simple) where u flip the case and remove the buds, with the max you just literally put it on your head and that’s it, no fiddling with any on/off button etc. i find myself even reaching for it more than my sennheiser hd600 and chord mojo-poly combo since its super convenient and i’m amazed at how apple made AAC files sound this good on the airpods max. Hardly notice any difference with tidal on master quality.
    Really glad apple made one like this, now that noise cancelling headphones category is fully ticked on my gear. Will still keep the airpods pro and sennheiser momentum true wireless as these earbuds have their own use case scenario.

rdy0329, primo1, Hero33 and 2 others like this.