AirPods Max

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by denpacs, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Audiophile review. Good thing got sky blues on order na lol

ment and rdy0329 like this.
  2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....one of the common complaints or criticism from early reviewers is the lack of a power off function and that you needed to insert it into the case to invoke ultra low power mode.

According to Apple, the Max will go into low power mode after 5 minutes without using the smart case and eventually it will go to ultra low power mode. The reason is Find My functionality. With the power on (normal or low power), Find My function will continue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsma..._power_mode_in_support_document-amp-46820.php

The advantage is obvious. In case you lose or misplace your Max, you have a way to identify the location of your Max using your iOS devices.

SE20 likes this.
  3. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

4. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

From one headphile reviewer.

greta87 and raypin like this.
  5. raypin

Mm...another serious review ( and he actually partially disassembled the Max):

gaol likes this.
  6. gaol

As I expected, here come the first of 3rd-party cases, coming from premium bag and case company, Waterfield (the design and features are even crowdsourced from 1200 respondents):

https://www.engadget.com/waterfield-designs-airpods-max-shield-case-080101773.html?guccounter=1

https://www.sfbags.com/products/airpods-max-shield-case

[​IMG]

Quote from the article:

"While the AirPods Max eventually go into low-power mode , it’s nice that Waterfield’s Shield Case duplicates the only useful feature in that Apple built into its own case."

raypin likes this.
  7. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

9273B176-8D23-4CD6-9F2D-9038E3D2D1C4.jpeg

BB3C2EB3-C2EE-48F0-9F7A-D948F13299A4.jpeg

Mine’s here. Photo op with my Blue Mini.

first impression: Impressive soundstage. You really get lost in the content you are listening to.

8. gaol

9. raypin

Mm...something to be investigated but sweat usually adheres to the earpads....facesweat to earpads. Unless you are in a marathom, I doubt the condensation “problem.” I ve worn heavier headphones with really thick earpads and I ve have had no condensation problem. The pic shows considerable water droplets. I doubt that is the result of extended headphone listening session doing normal, non-athletic activity. The earpads that Apple uses is breathable, not non-porous leather. Nevertheless, it should be looked at.

10. Hero33

I volunteer “Wet Maxipods Gate”

11. rdy0329

No condensation here. Worn to the gym (not recommended) to try it out.

Might be a climate thing. Our humidity cancels out whatever moisture our body gives off. My theory is warm body + cold aluminum backing = condensation.

12. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

13. Hero33

How about our local resellers?

14. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

I asked around there's none yet.... but being available to buy in apple ph means its not gonna be long now, hope it comes in February and not March like the one in apple ph hehe... still trying to fend off the itch to buy from unauthorized sources haha hope it officially gets here soon

15. rdy0329

Seeing some unofficial resellers selling @ 33,500. Pwede na if you don’t wanna wait a month.

raypin likes this.
  16. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^is the airpods max also on international warranty bro? My suking seller is actually telling me if i can wait until Tuesday he can give it at 32k hehe just wondering about warranty since its quite pricey... i’m also thinking the reason its going this low too is because a local release on stores is imminent

17. Hero33

Lol can’t wait to get my 3 sky blues!

18. rdy0329

Once it launches here in PH, official service providers can take them in for servicing. BUT recently hearing Apple is requiring proof of purchase for devices now (esp. for iPhones). Proceed with caution.

19. jologs

jologs Active Member

Is it safe to order the Airpods Max direct from the Apple PH webstore in terms of the risk of the item getting lost in transit or having to pay for additional duties and taxes at the customs?

20. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Taxes and duties are already included in the listed price when purchasing from Apple.com. No need to worry about this.

Just got my APM two days ago in Space Gray (ordered from o2 UK, as they had ready stock). Initial thoughts are that they are way heavier than my Sony XM4s when held, but the added weight is barely noticeable when worn. I'm also using a Geekria case which has magnets that support Low Power Mode. This is the case Apple should have made, tbh.

BF654AC3-512A-4930-81FB-098620E4BFDD.jpeg

5B26AEF0-E5B4-4692-BDAA-F6D365A997FB.jpeg

BFCB5ECD-518E-4438-82C1-B8B08B3905F1.jpeg

CECC3DAA-ACC3-46B4-AE2B-C56211E2606D.jpeg