AirBNB Experience

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Superman102175, Dec 1, 2014.

1. vicendriga

vicendriga Member

Used airbnb in Tokyo also last Feb. Very good experience. the owners of the apartment were Filipinos who rent out a few apartments in Japan.

2. gestapo

gestapo Active Member

Used it in my last NY stay. 11k for 6 days in Brooklyn and very near the subway. Found out that the host is a Googler and lots of food stalls nearby).

3. badradlad

badradlad Member

Used AirBnB in my Eurotrip 2 months ago (Rome, Positano, Venice, Nice, Barcelona, Paris and Munich). Most are good especially our stay in Venice. The Paris apartment photos were misleading.

4. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

^^
    That's what I have noticed. AirBnb pictures are very well taken. Do not be easily swayed. Read actual reviews and research the neighborhood.

5. ellehcar

ellehcar Member

Can you pm me the apartments you booked in rome , venice and barcelona ? I'm still looking for places that we could stay next month. Thanks in advance!

6. Daylightstalker

I used airbnb thrice – Hanoi, Kenya and Baguio. I agree with the others when they said to look for the comments. I take extra care to look for responses made by the host to the reviewers. Reading these gives me an idea of their personality, and their communication skills. So far, so good. I'm a satisfied customer.

However, there's a warning issued by airbnb recently on making sure that transactions remain in the platform. Scammers will lure you to transact outside of the platform, and once you've paid in advance, they disappear. So, I guess, we all need to be vigilant when transacting online. :)

7. mree

mree Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a nice unit / room / place to stay in HongKong? I am trying to see if it's better to stay in a hotel or through a place via AirBNB.

8. 48check

48check Member

I tried looking for a place to stay in HK using Airbnb. I ended up staying at the Kimberly Hotel. Location is excellent, and the price is quite reasonable.

9. michaelsj715

michaelsj715 Member

First time I used Airbnb was during my 2 weeks trip to Europe last Sept 2014. I used Airbnb in Paris and Florence, the rest were hotels. We made sure that the address in Airbnb is correct in relation to Google Maps and we were inclined to book listings with "airbnb verified" photos . Verified photos are checked by Airbnb to see if the photos are accurate/correct). Also, we read all the comments before booking.

10. rkariola

rkariola Member

I've been using AirBNB for the most part of travels recently may it be outside or within the country. It's very useful especially to places with expensive hotels like Singapore, HK, or even in Tagaytay. I check hotel prices first and compare with what's available on AirBNB. Usually when rates are equal, the advantage of the hotel is the inclusive Breakfast while for the AirBNB is the access to facilities within the proximity of the property (gym, pool, better surrounding, etc). I tend to be swayed to using AirBNB a bit more but just be sure to check the reviews and Trust rating. Often times, a room/property from an AirBNB listing blows away a room from a 3-star hotel at the same price or even more expensive rates.

11. rkariola

rkariola Member

Depends on the condition/terms. If it's written there, you can contact/send a message to your prospective host to verify and clear things up before you request to book or book immediately. They do usually respond within an hour or so depending on the host's response rate.

12. macbro

macbro Member

We'll be trying airbnb in our upcoming Tokyo trip. Good thing there's this kind of service now, the hotels will cost you an arm and a leg!

13. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

Can you pm me their details? Thanks in advance!

14. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Anyone tried AirBNB in San Franciso? Any recommendations?

15. kolim

kolim Member

Used AirBNB in New York. Very good location!

16. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

17. dcph172

dcph172 Member

18. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm......better call Smart hotline for clarification.

19. isaak

isaak Active Member

Hi everyone! Has anyone had any great AirBnB experience in Singapore? If so, would appreciate if you can share here or PM me details. TIA!

#39 isaak, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  20. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Enjoyed a 60 sq.m condo apartment in Shinjuku for P6,000 a night. Clean, spacious, nice kitchen, even had a steam convection oven that took me a while to figure out. Toilet had the usual Toto bidet with the works. Pleasant and quiet neighbourhood, 100 meters from the Nishi-Shinjuku subway station, 100 meters from a large 24/7 supermarket, across the renowned Shinjuku park (the one with the two shrines). Thanks AirBNB.

trigo, gaol and raypin like this.