address book contact keeps on changing names when using mail app

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by johnj2803, Aug 18, 2007.

1. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

everytime i email a contact in my addressbook using the mail app the contact name changes.

the contact name is :-*HONEY:-* when i email her her contact name becomes Marlene(last name) :-*HONEY:-* (first name)

why is this happening? altho her real first name is marlene, ang labo lang why this is happening... the problem is i sync my address book to 3 devices my treo, k610i and ipod so i get confused sometimes that my contact name has changed

any input guys?

2. ivebeenmugged

ivebeenmugged Member

Re: addressbook conatct keeps on changing names when using mail app

that's probably where the problem is coming from - that you're syncing 3 devices. (more since you'll have to count Mail and Address Book with your treo and k610i). could it be that the structure of these 2 devices are different from one another and it forces your address book to change?

3. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

i'm just syncing the address book, not the mail app...

do you think that is the problem? i have been syncing these devices for the longest time but i have just used the mail app recently.

4. quietcynic

quietcynic Member

Is the contact properly entered in Address Book? You can always swap the first and last names in address book.

5. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

yes it is properly entered... I also tried swapping last names and first names... it duplicated whatever is in the last name in the first name so it became :-*HONEY:-* :-*HONEY:-* instead :D

any more ideas? :D

6. macintosh

macintosh Member

i get the duplicate name too if the name in my mobile phone has only the initials or first name. i think this happens to contacts in your mobile phone with email addresses included. what i do is put a dot (.) in the first name field so that the initials or first name will be shown once.