Adding Sound effects in keynote presentation

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by johnj2803, Sep 7, 2007.

1. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

been playing around with keynote 08 and i am really amazed...

is there a way to put sound effects in it? i saw some sound effects in imovieHD, it would be nice if it could be incorporated there in the presentation.

sound effects: a toink sound when you drop a letter in an effect ...

what i do is export the keynote in quicktime, then open it in imovie to add the sound effects... kinda taxing to do...

i also noticed that the quicktime exported movie from keynote is of nice quality but when i save it in imovie with the sound effects, the video quality gets distorted.... it gets really pixellated and it annoys me because the .mov file from keynote is pretty clear!

oh well hope someone has a solution for me.

thanks

2. super_ed

super_ed Active Member

6821 Ayala Avenue, cor Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
  3. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

thanks super_ed...

but this trick will only be good for the entire slide show... was thinking about putting a sound effect on a particular gesture or animation within the slide itself...

for example i have the letters of a particular word bounce, i would like to add a boink sound with each bouncing letter... hope that is clear :D

and another one, why is the resolution pixellated when i import it in imovie HD?

thanks

4. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

i guess there is no other way then?

5. super_ed

super_ed Active Member

6821 Ayala Avenue, cor Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
    of course you can! i've tried doing this before -check you media inspector.

6. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

this is the only audio option i see super_ed... this places audio for the slide/slideshow lang...

i wanted to have sound effects per animation in the slide. the animation part of the inspector does not have that too... i'm using 08 version of keynote

7. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Where can I find sound effects for Keynote? not an audio for the entire presentation but an object sound effect.