Activision and Blizzard Merged

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by Kiddomike, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Kiddomike

Kiddomike Active Member

Wow, I read this in Business World Newspaper: The giants behind World of Warcraft and Call of Duty merged to become the largest and most profitable game publisher in the world.

Stand aside Electronic Arts. :cool:

Here's the article:

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=9867

#1 Kiddomike, Dec 4, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Yup I read it yesterday in Wall Street Journal :D Its on the front page. Do you think its a wise move for both companies?:D

3. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I can see it now: a call of duty - styled shooter in a world of warcraft universe...

4. tech.junkie

tech.junkie Member

this is great news. blizzard has always been my favorite game developer/publisher. w/ the merger, EA now has a very close competitor. & we all know that competition is always good for us consumers. ;)

5. Kiddomike

Kiddomike Active Member

Very true! It's time for other game developers to get a bigger piece of the pie in the gamer market. I'm a fan of EA games but this move could give us more variety don't you think?

6. numbdensity

numbdensity Member

nice! more new games with 3rd gen technology!

7. scorpiocec

scorpiocec Member

That is indeed good news! Less cost for development for both companies which means more games for us! :)

8. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

I don't know about this, does this mean that activision will take control of publishing blizzard's games? Blizzard has always taken their time before publishing any of it's games to ensure quality.

Some of the lamest games have been released because of pressure from the publishers.

9. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

It'll take years before we feel the benefits, if any, of this merger. And I would think that the game development teams of each company will remain fiercely independent. Don't know much about Activision's success rate but I'm sure it can't match Blizzard's.